Monday, March 14, 2011

Weekend Blitz

The weekend went too fast, but as is the case every time! Saturday was busy rushing from one appointment to the next and never missing a beat. The highlight was a photo shoot with a good friend of mine. We had a great time coming up with different poses, different outfits, and at one point I am outside in the freezing cold in a swim suit trying to capture just the right shot. However, I am not very good at making the expressions that she was asking for. Half the time I have a dumbfounded look on my face and the other half of the time...Well lets just say those pictures will not be used. EVER. I practiced posing with a group of girls which was a great experience and I am starting to feel more confident with each practice. I hit the gym and got back on my regular schedule for cardio, which in one set I thought I was for sure going to pass out and hit every step on the way down because my poor lungs were not keeping up with the rest of my body. I have to thank Too $hort- cocktales for getting me through that session. The song came on during my last few minutes and I am pretty sure the woman next to me was not impressed with my singing (I thought I was mouthing it but the dang headphones in my ears just made it seem that way). Sunday was cardio followed by errands, food prep, team practice, more food prep, more cardio, more posing, and even more cardio. During my first session of cardio, there was a spin class going on in front of me so it gave me something to watch instead of the timer on the step mill (which seems to sometimes stand still as if it is broken!). I started giggling when the instructor was doing a seated pedal session but she was peddling so hard and fast that her bottom was catching air off the seat. Her poor bum has got to be sore today! For team practice, we are posing in our bikinis this month so I felt a little strange running errands in the POURING rain with my swimsuit on underneath my clothes but also excited to see all the hard work my team mates have put in over the past few months. The next thing I knew, I was trying to get laundry done, food packed for today, Stella bathed, and all the other things before hitting the hay.

One thing I thought about a lot this weekend is how I feel alone sometimes on this journey. I know this is not the case but when you are so consumed with daily training and the other things you still need to manage, you find yourself always by yourself. This weekend was one of those times in which sitting with a good friend conversing over coffee would have made all the difference or even a phone call from a close friend would have brightened the otherwise dark gray sky. When the weather is always the same (in our case RAINING) and by the way, I am pretty sure I will need to trade my car in for some type of motorboat in order to get places, it also has an effect on how I feel and it causes me to feel a little blue and lonely. By all means I am thrilled with my progress and how hard I have worked and the journey I have embarked on, but sometimes just sometimes, it would be nice to have that close connection with loved ones.

On to Monday and all it has to offer (well besides more Tilapia).

Ciao for now,    J

No comments:

Post a Comment