Monday, March 21, 2011

Keep pushing forward


Posing Practice on Saturday

I did it. I survived the long weekend of craziness with only a few minor bumps and bruises. Friday was a loong day and I am glad the GRE is over! I did not do as well as I had hoped but in all reality, I did not study as I should have and I was not feeling the greatest, probably because of my diet that day. I made it up to my parents and got to visit with some family I had not seen in a long time and it was nice. The hard part about this weekend that I had to try and overcome was all the food that surrounded me including cupcakes, cheese and nuts and chips and salsa (my favorites), starting on Friday and did not get easier until Sunday when I went back to my place. Friday was the worst and I give credit to being exhausted from the long week, the stress of the GRE and the thoughts of all I had to do on Saturday. I ended up keeping myself occupied by watching re-runs of Jersey Shore, thinking how I would not want to live with Snooki. Carly graduated Saturday morning, practice Saturday afternoon and back up to my parents for the festivities with lots of friends and family. I ended up getting my cardio done outside this weekend which was awesome for I didn't have to stare at the same thing over and over and I got to really clear my head. The hills around my parents make for a good butt kicking and I was proud of myself for keeping my schedule although there was party going on that sounded a heck-of-a lot better. There is something about knowing you are less than 2 weeks from being on stage that keeps me pushing forward. At this point in the game, I can not let up, I can not let myself slack or compromise my training/diet. Another run outside followed up by a good cardio session and hamstring workout on Sunday along with food prep and a Costco run with my dad and here is Monday already.

A highlight from the weekend included a conversation that I had with my cousin (I will call her Alligator). She is an amazing woman with a strong head on her shoulders and she was telling me about her journey she is on with weight loss and starting a new life in a new city. She is beautiful, bold, caring, and a joy to talk too and I learned a lot about her that I never knew. It touched my heart in multiple ways to see her bright light shining from within and I am excited to watch her develop and grow into a confidant woman. If you ever have the opportunity to really listen to someone and partake as a spectator in their journey, I encourage you to do so! You will learn a lot about that individual that you may not have realized and you will also learn more about yourself in the process. A quote that I found that made me think of Alligator is, "Like a bird spreading their wings, you must open your mind and believe. The wider you spread your wings, the further you will fly." Alligator this is for you. Open your wings and fly girlfriend! Chase your dreams and believe in yourself. Your family and friends are behind you 100% and are soo excited for all the new discoveries you will make. I love you lady. xoxox

Ciao for now,   J

1 comment:

  1. I love you too J! I'm so Excited to see you preform this weekend!

    ReplyDelete