Friday, March 4, 2011

She's Like Texas

Happy Friday! This has been a long week and boy am I happy to see the weekend. This will be the first weekend in months that I have nothing really planned and it is also the last until May that is not filled up. I am excited to surround myself with friends, family and do things for me. I was talking with Batman and Robin at the gym yesterday and I was explaining that I forgot what it feels like to not be sore. I live my life in soreness! I wanted to blame it on the fact that I was sick but now that I am feeling better, I can not figure out why I am sorer than ever ALL THE TIME. I am not complaining, but it would be nice to get a nights sleep without waking up due to soreness when I roll over. After a good back workout yesterday, I headed home and I have no idea what got into me but I LIKE IT! I felt very productive (usually I just want to sit and do nothing after a long day) but yesterday was a different story. I should of had a superwoman cape on or something because I am one multi-tasking motha! I had laundry going, dishes done, tilapia baking all the while giving Stella a bath, re-organizing paperwork and bills, cleaned my kitchen top to bottom (literally I was on my hands and knees scrubbing the floor and finished the night of with food prep for today and shooting off emails that have needed attention for a couple days. I was then in bed by 9 and up at 315 am for cardio. What a great feeling to wake up and have some organization, which usually I feel like I live my life out of my car and by the way it looks like that sometimes! Don't judge me on how the back seat of my car looks because that is not fair!

I have to share something with yall. So if you have ever listened to any red dirt country, there is a band, Josh Abott Band, and they have this song "She's Like Texas". This song is one of my absolute favorite songs and it just so happened that when I streamed Pandora this morning, it was the first song to play. This song is absolutely amazing and I think parts of this song describe me to a T. There is a few lines that really inspire me and if you ever get a chance to listen to it you should! You wont be disappointed and if you are, well tough luck. A few lines that I LOVE are:
"She's as bright as the Dallas sky
She always holds her head up high
She loves the company of her family
She has faith in God's greater plan"
I love my family more than words can explain, I believe God has a master plan for me and will guide me along the way and no matter how well I do or where I place when I hit the stage in 4 weeks, I will hold my head up high! I know how hard I have worked and I will keep shining bright and be proud of what I have accomplished. I feel that by holding my head high no matter what, shows true strength and I am soo strong that I could make snow angels in concrete! Just kidding (but not really)  :)

Ciao for now,    J

No comments:

Post a Comment