Thursday, March 3, 2011

Here. We. Go.

Last night was officially my last cheat meal for the next 2 months! Sad day I know! I met my family up North and had a bacon cheeseburger and a Carmel brownie... We were sitting at dinner, about to finish up and leave when my dad asks "J, how was your burger?" My mom looks at me before I can answer and says "Wait, where did your burger go?" Dad "She ate it while you were talking" Mom " YOU ate the WHOLE thing?" Me "Umm yea its now considered a food baby and I am going to name him Charles." Yea so I shocked my mom that I could put down a whole burger which actually shocked me too but I figured go big or go home right? because it is the last one of those I will see for a while. Of course I had to give Charles (my food baby) some chocolate because in case you don't know me... The way to this girls heart is Coffee and Chocolate! When we were leaving I told my family I needed to be carted out in a wheel chair but didn't know if it was because I was soo full or if it was because I couldn't walk due to heavy leg day! I got home and snuggled up with Stella when my phone rang. It was a team mate and a really good friend of mine who needed to talk. Now I know we all have those days when you just need to clear your thoughts and by talking to someone, especially someone who will just listen and let you get out what you need to say, can make a HUGE impact. So as I lay there listening and chiming in when I felt appropriate I realized this... It feels soo great knowing you can be someone others can turn to when they need someone. Someone others can trust, rely on and overall be a great friend. I appreciate and love all those in my life who are there for me when I need to talk, cry, yell or what have, and I am just as thankful for those relationships in which the other person can turn to me. I stayed up late on the phone with her which made it a little challenging getting up this morning or should I say more like peeling myself out of bed only to find Stella digging through my clean laundry. All I can say is "Hello Thursday, nice to see you, what do you have in store for me today?"

Ciao for now,   J

No comments:

Post a Comment