Thursday, March 24, 2011

Productive and Accomplished

What a beautiful day it was yesterday! I had such a productive day I don't even know what to say! I had completed 70 mins of cardio by 11am and still had energy to spare. I made it to the gym for leg day and when all was said and done, it was only 4 pm. This is the earliest I have been done at the gym for months and I had to call my mom to ask what to do! I really really didn't want to go home for my room looked like a tornado hit (in my defense they were all clean clothes, just hadn't been put away yet). But I did. I went home and got to work. I did ALL my laundry (yes that means 4 loads), I cleaned and put away all the other laundry, I spring cleaned my dresser and closet, new sheets on the bed, cleaned and scrubbed the bathroom, dishes done, food prepped for the next 4 days, amongst other things and by the time I finally sat down it was 7:30 pm. Wow! Time sure flies when you aren't having fun! The feeling of waking up to a clean house with everything ready to go for the day and no need to scramble around is wonderful! I find that I am very productive and work hard in the gym or with my training, I have a goal and I am, as Robin put it, "Full Throttle" (always on the go) yet when I get home, I crash and burn like a little kid after eating a pound of Halloween candy. Goodness am I thankful that tomorrow I do not have to wake up to an alarm buzzing at 3:20 am!

I have been reflecting back on the past few months and the many many sessions of cardio, the hard workouts, the aches and pains, the tears, the sweat, and the many many emotions that have followed as I embarked on this journey. I can not believe the stage is soo close and I am almost there! I can't believe I have been getting myself out of bed and doing cardio every morning at 4 am nor can I believe that I have forced myself to eat salmon and asparagus at 4:30 am. However, what I now believe is this... I believe that I can do anything I set my mind too. I believe that I have more determination and self-control than I ever thought before. I believe that this has been one of the hardest things I have ever done and I really have done it! I believe in myself more than ever and I am starting to believe that I am on the road to feeling accomplished. I wrote a while ago to yall about setting a goal and going after it for you will surprise yourself. Please do that! Go after something that you never thought you could! Do it for yourself! I promise you will not regret it.

Ciao for now,      J

No comments:

Post a Comment