Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Be Yourself...

I love the quote, "Be yourself, everybody else is already taken." I think standing on your own two feet and living as your own individual is one of the most empowering capabilities a person can have. I have never wished to be anyone else but myself. Sure I have hit potholes and speed bumps along the way, shoot I have even crashed head on smack into the side of mountains at 75mph, but I have never wished to be someone other than myself. I believe 100% that there is a plan for all of us and that we will never be given more than we can handle! Life can be hard, harder than the 'Situations' abs (or mine in this case) haha, but you keep moving.

Yesterday was a test for me and as I explained it to Batman and Robin, I have been through some tough stuff and this journey has not been easy but these last two weeks until the show are HARD. End of story. I am hungry, tired, sore, stressed out, but I keep going. I get up, I follow my regimen, and I go to sleep to do it again the next day. I was in a bad mood yesterday (I will admit it) but once I got into the gym and started lifting hard and heavy, I snapped out of it and got back to my old self. I then pounded out 45 minutes of cardio and felt awesome! It is truly amazing how working out, getting the endorphins pumping, and getting your sweat on can uplift your mood. I encourage you to get some exercise the next time you are cranky and see how you feel after you do so. You may not like me in the beginning but you will sure thank me at the end! I have been noticing small changes in my physique since beginning the newest diet cycle and one thing I love is how my muscles pop under my clothes. You can see my shoulders or abs when I wear long sleeve fitted shirts and it is COOL. I was talking with a girlfriend last night and admitted that I am soo dang proud of myself for setting my goal and not stopping until I reach it. I am less than two weeks away, I started training in November, and I am going to make it! I have almost reached the stage and I have soo many mixed emotions about it but one is... I am proud of myself. I am who I am and I have stayed true to that this entire journey!

Ciao for now,     J

No comments:

Post a Comment