Thursday, March 17, 2011

Share a smile


As each day winds down and I get closer and closer to the stage, I feel more mixed emotions than Charlie Sheen on Twitter. I am excited, nervous, anxious, happy, scared, ect and I know that it is only going to continue. Yesterday was a whirlwind and somehow here I am, Thursday morning wondering where the week went. A few highlights from yesterday... L.Bug surprised me at work with my favorite flower and a handmade coupon book that brought me to tears. She is one of the most trustworthy loyal friends I have had in my lifetime and I value and cherish her more than she knows. Once again, I had to explain to my boss that I had some dang mascara in my eye and they were not in fact tears. Made it to the gym to see the gang and had a pretty good leg workout. I have changed my routine and instead of heavy legs, I am doing lighter weight but about a million zillion reps. Seriously! It looked like this yesterday: 4 sets of 12 leg extensions (48), 4 sets of 15 front squats (60), 4 sets of  15 each side deep lunge step-ups combo'ed with 15 box jumps (120+60=180), 4 sets 24 long stride walking lunges (96), 4 sets of 15 straight leg deads combo'ed with 4 sets 15 in/out box jumps (60+60) followed by 3 sets of 20 each add/abd machines (120), and 3 sets 20 sumo squats (60). That is 684 reps on my legs. Followed by abs. Now, I felt like I could keep going, I still had some energy but when I woke up this morning, I am glad I didn't? I wouldn't say my legs are sore but they are achy and tired. Cardio was a little tough this am BUT I was soooo super excited for breakfast! I didn't have to choke down salmon at 4:30am! Today was sirloin steak and asparagus and I can not tell you how good it tasted. Also, I had cheesecake last night which just makes me want to shout and jump with joy. I don't even really like cheesecake.
I love my time at the gym and when you get to see familiar faces, catch up on the day, and b.s. about any given topic, it leaves me with a smile. I push and push and make the most of every workout, but adding a giggle or a smile in between sets is a good feeling. Yesterday I was in a goofball mood and was shaking my groove thing around the gym to the awful music they play when I got to thinking.  I love people who make me laugh. I honestly think its the thing I like most, to laugh. It cures a multitude of ills. Its probably the most important thing in a person and for a person. I have been feeling really happy the past couple days (even with all the stress on my plate including my GRE test tomorrow) and that feeling is fantastic. I try to share my smile or my laugh with someone else because it really brightens the day, and around here, that is something we may need more often than not!

Ciao for now,     J

No comments:

Post a Comment