Monday, March 7, 2011

Food for thought...

I found this quote and I had to save it and share it with y'all...

"This is a very important practice. Live your daily life in a way that you never lose yourself. When you are carried away with your worries, fears, cravings, anger, and desire, you run away from  yourself and you lose yourself. The practice is always to go back to oneself."  -Thich Nhat Hanh

I stumbled across this and it made me think about how in life, we can be overwhelmed with the everyday things and things that may be worse in our thinking than in real life (my common practice). For me, I have to remind myself that I am ok and always will be ok no matter what is on my plate. I live my life in "go" mode and at times this is a challenge for me. I am always racing here and there, usually eating my meals in the car or so quickly I don't even taste the food anymore (which isn't a bad thing when I can barely stomach Tilapia as it is). I guess what I am feeling today is that no matter what, where, when, who, whatever is going on in life, if you always come back to yourself and know who you are, everything will be ok.

J

No comments:

Post a Comment