Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Do work!

Wow what a whirlwind 2 weeks it has been. Some good and some well, not soo good but I am back and ready to attack! I have a great story to share from Sunday and I know yall will appreciate this especially those who have been on low to no carbohydrates.

Sunday was crazy busy. Started at 7 am with dragging Stella around my apartment complex (no I was not literally dragging her but her max amount of cardio is about 500 feet there and back) and a scoop of protein powder in the shaker with pre-cardio vitamins. 8:15 at the gym for 45mins of cardio before sprinting out the door, still sweating to pick up a girlfriend and her daughter to sign them up for the gym! Yay, she just had twins and is all signed up to get back into shape, very proud of her! Next, drop them off and race home to quickly shower and pack meals for the day before jetting out the door to Costco. I felt like a New York Taxi driver at Costco weaving in and out of carts and people standing in line for cookies and bagel bites while I had salmon and asparagus on the brain. Completed the Costco run in about 20 minutes, loaded up my car and hit the road for Save Fitness Practice. Practice was awesome! Our team Image Consultant presented about quick and easy hairstyles you can pull off after gym sessions... Let me tell you, Dry shampoo and headbands have become my best friend! After posing practice, I skated back home to start food prep for the week and with a friends help we did better than Rachel Ray in the kitchen and I will show Emeril BAAMM. I had the oven and George Foreman going while she had the stove top and several batches of Broccoli steaming. Hey, we only set the smoke alarm off 3x in the matter of 45 minutes, not half bad! Throw all the food in the fridge or freezer and head to the gym for round 2. 30 minutes of Cardio, attempt to not look like a hurried gym rat and back in the car I go to meet a team mate for a cheat meal! This is where it gets good...

Stella after her walk.. Yep, sleeping while sitting up

We both had cheat meals, mine at 6pm and hers at 7:30pm so we compromised and met at 6:45pm. On my way there, she called to check my status and I kindly asked her to have an appetizer ready. Both of us had been depleted on carbs and lets just say our "sweet" side was starting to show. We ordered mozzarella sticks and asked the waiter to put a rush order on them in addition to her chocolate milkshake. Mouth's full of cheese sticks, we ordered a black and blue steak sandwich (with fries of course!) and a mushroom/swiss burger. The food came, we devoured like it was going out of style and the waiter just looked at us. Not sure what his thoughts were at this point but we decided to split a piece of peanut butter ice cream pie. The ooey gooey goodness was fantastic and the waiter's true thoughts were finally revealed. Just before placing the bill in front of us he asked, "Is there anything else I can get for you chubsters?" Bahaha we looked at him and my team mate offered him tickets to her gun show (she had a short sleeved shirt on). He said he was impressed to say the least and wondered how he could gain muscle himself. Nothing beats a big ol' cheat meal and a couple compliments from a gentleman.

No comments:

Post a Comment