Friday, February 18, 2011

Happy Happy Friday!

Ahh its Friday! Doesn't that just sound awesome anyway you say it? One of my favorite things to do on Fridays (or really any day) is to 'Pay it forward' whether it be sharing something with a complete stranger, buying a treat for a friend who is having a bad day or my all-time favorite is to pay for the person behind me in line wherever I may be. I get pure enjoyment out of random acts of kindness and I love to help someone else have a great day. On this Friday, I had to stop and get gas before heading into work and there was a motorcyclist that wanted to purchase some candy but she did not have enough change and put part of what she wanted back. I was grabbing a gallon-o-water (of course :) ) and also added her left behind candy to my purchase. As I ran out the door after her before she took off, which by the way was probably a tad frightening at 5am, I handed her the candy and told her to have a fabulous Friday. She looked at me and smiled. "You Rock" came from her mouth before she shook her head and looked down at the candy now in her hand. Then we both went our separate directions. I know that I will have a great day because of her and I hope she can enjoy her candy (at least she can eat candy). On this Friday, pay it forward if you can and if not, loan someone your smile or hold the door for them. It may just turn their day around!

No comments:

Post a Comment