Friday, February 4, 2011

Forgetful Me

Just when you think life is going to slow down, you remember that you are flying out to Vegas in T minus 20 hours and you have nothing packed... Welcome to my life! I trained yesterday morning and got 45minutes of cardio in before starting the day, running around and trying to check off items on my to do list... I heart "To Do" lists! I have them everywhere and I get a sick sense of satisfaction when I draw a big black line through something that was on that list. I have noticed these days however, the list keeps getting longer and longer and has started to look like a Verizon receipt when you get a new phone (you know, the ones that are about 40 feet long). I have also been experiencing extreme forgetfulness which I attribute to no carbs or maybe I am just losing my mind... literally! I have started to use a good friends tool... The palm pilot! I write lists of things on my palm and seem to never forget those things, well until I wash my hands.

Oh Right, back to yesterday... Round 2 at the gym and it was heavy leg day. Let me tell you, I have had to start mentally preparing myself for this day so I don't wimp out. It is a painful day and by the time I was finished, I could have crawled out of the gym. In fact, BC taught me this kinda tuck-and-roll maneuver that he uses to get out of the hip/leg sled, its pretty legit. Kind of looks like a 200+ grown man rolling around like a weeble wobble. One of my favorite things about training with the boys is that they push me. They add weight on to things that I otherwise would consider unmovable and they expect me to do it as if it is just another day on the job. I can not express how thankful I am for Batman and Robin and all their support.

Ciao for now,   J

No comments:

Post a Comment