Saturday, January 29, 2011

The 5 D's of Life

At the end of the week, all I can think about is sleep and well... more sleep. My body hurts from the full week of workouts, am and pm cardios, not to mention I am mentally drained from the food prep, the lack of sleep, the stress from work, and all the bricks life throws at my head. Most of the time I am pretty quick on my feet and can implement the 5 D's... Ya know: Dodge, Dip, Dive, Duck, and Dodge. This week however, the wrench hit me smack upside the head just like in the movie.

 We all have em... Weeks that seem to drag on or in this case fly by but nothing went right. In fact, things seemed to go WAY wrong and all I could do was try to stay afloat. I am always worried about my progress and my success with workouts and eating on a daily basis and in this case, in the middle of a no good awful week, I am stressing.

Dun-da-da-daaaaa..... Batman and Robin to the bat mobile! I trained alongside these gentlemen this week as well as our new found friend, BoneCrusher aka. B.C. for short. B.C. is a power lifter that caught my eye in the gym a while ago when I saw him squatting solo with 6 plates (each side) on his back.. I had to pick my jaw up off the floor and wipe the "deer-in-the-headlights" look off my face. He's pretty rad and has added a lot of character to our daily gym time. Anywhoooo back to training... I will say that I amazed myself this week with the help of the boys. I was able to lift MUCH more than I thought I could in every single lift I executed. One of the things that shocked me the most was the sled...Now mind you, I tell Batman and Robin pretty much everyday that "I don't think I can lift that" as I get the infamous "You are full of crap" look. We loaded the sled up with '3 wheels' on each side and I managed a set of 8 followed by a set of 6. This is 270lbs! Yep basically I pressed a Bears Offensive Lineman! 

What I took away from this week especially when I had a hard time keeping things together is that when the going gets tough, I am tougher and it is ok to ask for help. 


Ciao for now,  J 

No comments:

Post a Comment