Friday, February 25, 2011

Randomness at its finest!


It's finally Friday and must I say that I am very sore from my first week back at it! Needless to say that climbing more than 2 stairs is brutal, I have to use any sort of table top or crutch to sit down and my hair will not be done for the next couple days because I cant lift my arms to blow dry it. Its all worth it though and I am feeling good about the week in the gym as well as my week of dieting. I awoke to a bunch of snow outside my apartment and I was hoping (more like begging) for it to be another late start day. I had yet to receive the email with the school information so I headed to do am cardio and watched like a hawk for that little red light to start blinking on my phone telling me my email was ready and work was postponed. As I was powering through it this morning, my mind started wandering (like it always does) and I have come to the conclusion that I have some of the most random things either said or happen to me and some are definitely worth sharing. Two instances happened just yesterday, one at the gym and the other late last night at the grocery store. The first happened when I was changing from my sweaty gym clothes into dry ones right after I finished my stepmill excursion. An Asian woman was in the locker room a few rows down and was watching me before walking over to ask my name. After I told her, she says "You look good. Now I tell all my friends you my model. You very good shape." I was flattered and thanked her as I grabbed my gym bag to leave. She says my name again so I asked for hers and it happened to be Lin (Lynn) and I said "that's my mom's name" which then sparked a 10 minute conversation. She was very sweet but it was also a tad random. The second occurrence that I am still not sure about happened last night at Albertsons. Now I have to set the scene because by all means it is very random and I was looking great I am sure. I had just gotten done tanning, I had no make-up on and I had a red mark on my forehead from the tanning bed pillow. I was in XXL sweats, Uggs, and a college sweatshirt (it was 8 at night and I was not planning on seeing anyone so give me a break). All I needed was spinach, Pam cooking spray and a couple gallons of water to get me by until Sunday. I was standing next to the produce trying to decide which spinach was the better buy when out of nowhere a guy walks up to me and asks me if I will take his picture in the produce section with his disposable (yes they still exist) camera. There was a small group of guys behind him waiting on me to take the picture, so I did, then I hear "Thanks Darlin'" as they walk off. I have no idea what was going on but it was very odd. The last random thought this morning was when I was grabbing a fork to eat my egg whites and spinach. I do not like 3-pronged forks. They creep me out! I do not know why they were invented because it seems like the food would just fall through the wider gaps of the prongs. 


Ciao for now,     J  

No comments:

Post a Comment