Tuesday, February 22, 2011

New Discoveries


Part of my meal plan includes Granny Smith apples and can I tell ya something... I DO NOT like these! I actually hate these type of apples and I sometimes have to choke these babies down. This morning I thought I would try something new and be creative so I chopped the apple up and mixed it in with my oatmeal and heated the whole mixture up. I then doused it in cinnamon and what do you know... It actually tasted kinda good. Now when you eat the same things over and over, you have to find new ways to make your food taste good, I have found that any salt-free seasonings along with fresh garlic and lemon juice tend to make tilapia tasty (especially when I eat it 4 days a week). In addition to actually finding flavors for my food, I have discovered that Crystal Light Fitness is a good alternative to helping me guzzle my gallon plus of water everyday. The Fitness type does not have all the artificial sugars/splenda and you can get a couple different flavors, my favorite is lemon lime. It still doesn't make the feeling that my insides are floating go away and I am pretty sure a gold fish could live in my belly because of all the water I drink. However, I can not stress how important water is and this is coming from the girl who only used to drink water because my coffee was brewed with it. I feel soo much better when I meet my daily water requirements and I have noticed my skin is feeling and looking better. The downfall.... Yes, I wake up at least 2 or 3 times a night to go to the bathroom and I also had to stop at the Jack in the Box (which is literally 1/4 mile from my house) because I was going to pee my pants. Drink your water and remember it is good for you, no matter how much you hate it!

Ciao for now,    J

No comments:

Post a Comment