Monday, February 21, 2011

Recharge, Regroup and Reconnect

This past weekend I was able to visit with some good friends that I hadn't seen in a long time... too long actually! It was so great to see the people I love and rekindle the friendships that mean the most to me. Reconnecting is one of the greatest things you can do for yourself and I challenge each one of you to reach out to a friend you may have not spoken with for a while. It will bring a smile to your face. I promise! I had a long drive over the hill and back to see them and it gave me a lot of time to focus and give myself a firm talking too. You see, this past week seemed to drag on forever and I was unable to workout due to this cold/flu business that is going around. It is a nasty bugger and took me down to China town but have no fear... I am back and feeling strong. The self-talk I received from myself went something like this... "You have been off kilter for a week and starting Monday you will get back into the gym. You will push yourself and you will focus all your energy on the next six weeks. Do not worry about the past week and do not stress over what you can not control. You are strong, you are determined, and you will continue to make progress. Believe in yourself and be prepared to suffer" (our SaveFitness team slogan). I am refocusing all my energy towards the next 6 weeks and I will not let anything stop me. I feel strong, recharged and ready to rock. It started this morning with a nice HIIT on the big Stair Mill followed by the small stepmaster(backwards). It was a good 500kcal workout and I am pretty sure I climbed the World Trade Center a few times in the process. The rest of today will be a hard shoulder workout followed by another 40 minutes of cardio. I hope yall have a great day filled with health, happiness and remember to reconnect with someone!

Ciao for now,    J

No comments:

Post a Comment