Thursday, February 24, 2011

A couple extra hours...

Steve Pool was right for once and there was a nice dusting of snow on the ground when I woke up at 3:30am. The school report had yet to be updated and so I geared up for my a.m. cardio sesh. Next thing I knew, work was on late start and I had a couple extra hours to sleep in! (Sad that sleeping in is 5:15 am) I hit the gym around 6 for my cardio and man oh man did it feel good (well as good as the stepmill for 30min of high-intensity can feel). We have a love/hate relationship. I love to hate it and it loves to make me work my cheat meal off (last night it was a Bacon cheeseburger followed by a brownie) and probably hates that I sweat all over it. Haha I have learned not to take the treadmill right next to the stepmills due to the flying sweat from the above occupant. The one thing I could not stop thinking about was how great a couple extra hours of sleep felt and how strong and energized I felt during my workout! The day has progressively gotten busier for I raced home (ok not raced, the civic in front of me was maybe doing 15mph due to the snow) shoved my breakfast in my belly and jetted out the door by 8am to take Stella up North to my parents then to turn around and head to work in Kirkland by 10am. Woohoo its been a busy morning but I can not slow down otherwise I feel the aftermath of heavy leg day (yesterday). You know it's going to be rough when you are already sore and it has only been 3 hours since you left the gym. Next on the agenda... Work, hit the gym for back day (my favorite) then round 2 of cardio followed by A LOT of prep for the weekend!

Ciao for now,     J

No comments:

Post a Comment