Monday, February 7, 2011

Jogging in Stilettos

And I survived... Back from Vegas and for the most part I am in one piece. I made it through security with my cooler, although the main security guy got a kick outta the fact that I also had a pair of heels in my cooler (not enough room in my suitcase) and made a few wise cracks that I had cold feet (even though it wasn't my bachelorette party and I was not the one getting married). The trip was a success and I followed my diet/exercise plan for the most part, getting up Saturday am with my sister and hitting the gym first thing for cardio then walking the Vegas strip about a million and a half times. No, its not the same as getting in some sprint work but walking (and at times running) in Stilettos is a killer calf workout so I am going to count it! I am not happy about how the diet went while away for the fact I missed a couple meals and I ended up getting sick from my cheat meal (total bummer)! The girls who I was with are such an amazing group of women and they had my back to say the least! Even when the group of creepy Australians tried to pet me, they were ready to throw some bows...

One of the conversations from the weekend that really hit home was with my sister. She told me that she was proud of me and what I was doing and also said that she can't believe the amount of self control I have. I have to admit, it does amaze me the lengths we will go to in order to achieve what we want. I don't see these little instances, or events in which I am dieting as a restriction to what I do. Sure the event might be a bit nicer if I could share in a drink, or even just a hamburger (without getting sick). I know that this whole process is worth the hard work and effort, and anyone who has been around me, and has shared a 'cheat' meal knows that I can chow down like the best of them.
In Vegas with my Sister
J

No comments:

Post a Comment