Monday, February 14, 2011

Comeback Kid

"Don't be discouraged by setbacks. A set-back is a set-up for a come-back."

Getting sick right now (Less than 7 weeks out from Vancouver) has taken its toll and I am trying not to panic. A couple of my team mates and I got together last night to practice our posing and presentation routine fully clad (or lack there of) in bikinis and heels at my training gym. The high school boys made quite the audience mixed in with the two girls practicing their break dancing to Katy Perry's 'California Girls' (stage left) and the MMA fighter taking flying leaps and jabs at the punching bag (stage right). Pretty awesome if you were walking by and peeked in the windows to the group exercise room. Think three girls in bikinis and heels wedged between two girls spinning around on their backs and a sweaty grappler attacking the punching bag. Yep awesome! It was very successful, each one of us posing individually for the others and we ended up taking pictures to document our progress and physiques. Following this pose off, two of us walked next door for our Sunday night cheat meal. Earlier during the day, I received a text from my mom that read "buy your friends their cheat meal on me :) " immediately followed by another text from her that said "is that like offering to feed a football team???$$$" ooooh mom, do I love you!

Today is a new day and the beginning to a new week of training and like the quote above says, I am setting myself up for a come-back. I have been slightly (ok those of you who know me, know that slightly and panic are never side by side. It is more like I am very, very) panicked about losing muscle, lacking in progress, and not meeting my goal for the week. The one thing I have been practicing and really focusing on is keeping all self-talk positive. I know that my body needs time to heal and recover and I also know that I have made huge gains since day one and I should be proud of myself. Don't get me wrong, I am proud of myself but I also am very competitive and instead of seeing the positive progress I sometimes spend too much time focusing on what still needs work. Since love is in the air and I am pretty sure Cupid shot me in the bum (or maybe that is still from last weeks heavy leg press) I want to say that I love myself, I love my body, and I am dang proud of where I am and this week is going to be filled with health, happiness and love.

    Left: Day one                             Right: 9 Weeks out
Ciao for now,  J

2 comments:

  1. honestly, i was hoping for the bikini picture ;) J- you are like solid muscle! you're inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Three words Batgirl.

    Do.

    You.

    Diet.

    ReplyDelete