Monday, February 21, 2011

The good, the bad, and the ugly

Ok so I started this blog to share my journey in the gym and that means sharing the good, the bad, and the ugly. Prepare yourself for ugly... Today was heavy shoulder day topped with abs and followed by round 2 of cardio. Great day for the most part, it felt great getting back to the weights and my energy stayed up the whole time. Batman, Robin, and B.C. had taken off for the day and I was just finishing my run on the treadmill. I had some spunk left so I decided to do a backwards/forwards sprint workout and it was feeling good until.... I didn't notice my shoe was untied and I was mid-stride running backwards when I felt my foot slip and the next thing I knew I was on my butt flying off the back of the treadmill. I have never been this embarrassed (ok well at least not for YEARS). My face turned beet red and I tried to play it off as if nothing had happened but I am pretty sure there were a handful of people who saw this happen and probably would agree I at least deserved an 8.5 for my dismount. I finished my workout and hightailed it out of the gym, head down the whole way. On the way home all I could focus on was the throbbing of my elbow and the huge hit my ego had just taken. My elbow will heal (its missing some skin from 'tread rash' and I have a nice matching golf ball size bruise on my other arm) but my ego... now that may take a while. All I can say is I am thankful this didn't happen in front of anyone I knew or the boys because I do not think I would be able to live it down.
 
Might need to gear up next time!


5 comments:

  1. OOWWWWWWW!

    That's ok J. Seeing as your the only person in the pacific northwest that can run on the treadmill forward, sideways, and backwards at ridiculously fast speeds, I think you'll be ok. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks R... Im just glad you werent there to see it. You would have been laughing your booty off... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh trust me, if you had seen some of the stupid embarassing stuff I've done on my bikes, you wouldn't need to do cardio for a week. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  4. R- what was the name of the group you told me to listen too?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rise Against. Try either Siren Song for the Counterculture or The Suffer and The Witness. Both are fantastic albums. Be warned though, it's pretty hard stuff, def punk.

    Really gets me pumped when I'm working out or on the way to ride though. So you might like it...;)

    Way better than say, Rhianna or The Bieber.

    ReplyDelete