Thursday, February 10, 2011

Keeping my fingers crossed!

What an awful way to wake up... It was 2:30 am and I woke up coughing with a stuffy nose and an aching in my chest. I still had an hour to sleep so I dozed off before being rudely awakened by my alarm. Man do I hate that sound! Usually I am up and at em, buzzing around the house before getting my a.m. cardio in but today was NOT one of those days. It took me 5 times of hitting snooze and then proceeding to chuck the alarm across my room before peeling myself out of bed. I felt/feel like poo. I popped a couple Advil along with my pre-cardio vitamins and hit the elliptical. Now by no means was it the best workout BUT I did not talk myself out of it nor did I allow myself to snuggle in my bed and go back to sleep for an hour. I can not be sick. There is no if's, and's, or but's about it! End of story! Sooo packed some extra vitamin C and stopped off for cough drops and the day must go on.

I was trying to solve all the worlds problems the other day when I was running on the treadmill and this thought crossed my mind. Beyond the finish line there is always a new race, so never stop running. (Originally this is a quote I had heard but I applied it to this journey). I will make it to the stage in 7 weeks then again a couple weeks later but then what? What comes next? Do I stop training and dieting or do I switch gears to something else? For those of you who wonder what the answer is.... it is N-O. This is not an easy sport that I have committed too but I will tell you that I am addicted to the lifting, to the amazing self-discovery, to the mental toughness that I have developed, to the voice in my head whispering "just one more, one more minute, one more repetition, one more mile, one more percent...." For me, there is always going to be that 'One More' factor that will push me until my good is better and my better is best.

Almost 7 weeks out... Keep training :)
Ciao for now,  J

1 comment:

  1. J- you look absolutely freaking amazing. i envy your drive. you're amazing and don't let anybody tell you different. ever.

    ReplyDelete