Monday, July 11, 2011

Time Flies

Time sure does fly when you are consumed with prep. This past weekend is a blur and when someone asks me what I did, all I can say is "Train." I had a solid am cardio session on Saturday morning followed by a shoulder workout and a visit to Pete. I managed to get my suit altered (or in the process of), a trip to Costco amongst other errands in time to head back to the gym for round 2 and then cheesecake. Sunday was much of the same when I hit the gym for morning cardio, Costco again and some much needed time with my mom and then another trip into the gym for quads and more cardio. Late night food prep and finally bed so I could wake up and do it all over again today. I have only 9 more morning cardio sessions before I am on my way to the big show! Prepping is such an over whelming process sometimes and as I was about to head to the gym for round 2 yesterday, I was taken back by emotions. On any given day, soo many things go through my head and I load up my plate with multiple tasks but sometimes, just sometimes, I find myself completely submerged trying to get my head above water in order to breathe. I know a lot of this is due to being so close to show time and the nerves are starting to escalate as well as all the "what ifs" but for me, I try and hold it all together no matter what, no matter when, and no matter how. I do not like showing the side of myself that can not do something and it is extremely hard for me to accept that there are just times in life when you have to let yourself crumble a little in order to stand back up, better than before. As hard as it may be, it is good to let others be there when this happens to help ya back up and dust you off and that is a lesson I will have to work extremely hard at. I am terrible at this.. Ok I down right suck at it, but I learned over the weekend that if you can let someone help you, you will end up feeling a lot better about things and you will not feel as alone as you think you are. Those who really care about you, will look at you no differently if you have a weak moment, in fact, they will probably open their hearts to you even more.

I must give a big congratulations to a couple Save Fitness girls who competed this past weekend at Team Universe. They are now IFBB Pros and I cant even imagine the emotions they are feeling as they wake up from a monumental weekend! The hard work and dedication it takes to get to that level is incredible and the fact that they followed their dreams and gave it all that they have, is truly an inspiration to all. I hope they know how proud of them we are and I can not wait to see what new doors open up in their futures. Congratulations Ladies, way to shine! Here is a video of Sheri Vucick's routine. It is amazing and her new title is much deserved!



Ciao for now,    J

1 comment:

  1. Gosh, emotions is the name of my game right now, too! Prep for me has been much more of an emotional journey than a physical one. I like following your blog - glad I found it!

    And yay for the fitness girls at Team U. I'm glad they posted the routines!

    ReplyDelete