Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Refuse To Sit Back...

"People who soar are those who refuse to sit back, sigh and wish things would change. They neither complain of their lot nor passively dream of some distant ship coming in. Rather, they visualize in their minds that they are not quitters; they will not allow life's circumstances to push them down and hold them under."

As the final countdown begins, I have a lot going on in my head. How will my posing be? Will I achieve what I have worked hard for? Did I do enough cardios and did I push myself hard enough, each and every time? Did I do everything I could have to get here? What am I going to eat when I can eat anything? And the list goes on and on and on. The final push is hard for my body hurts and I am tired but that does not stop me from getting up and doing what I need to do in order to get to the stage. I dislike 3:30 am cardios and sometimes I want to punch em in the face but I do them and afterwards, I am very glad I did. My body is not recovering as quickly anymore but I am still lifting as heavy as I can to keep my muscle size up. There are definitely times I would much rather do anything and everything BUT my second cardio, but I lace up my shoes and go for it. I will  not let my weakness' overpower my strengths nor will I let my competitor out do me in the gym. I do not know who she is or what she looks like but I do know that I will not let her beat me or push me down on the way up. I refuse to sit back and take a break when I know she is not taking a break. If she is out there doing 30 mins of cardio, I will do 31. If she is doing 10 reps, you bet I will be doing 12. This prep phase has been good and I am still feeling strong, well as strong as I can be 2 weeks out. This is what I like to call the 'home stretch'. Just a little bit further and I will be on stage. Just a little longer and I can eat a brownie (oooh I cant wait!). Just a few more early morning cardios and I can go back to one a days. I will keep chasing that dream, running as fast as I can for as long as I can and even then when I think I am out of gas, I will push a little bit more. Here's to the final push and a blessed training week!


Ciao for now,    J

No comments:

Post a Comment