Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Recap of the Past...

Yesterday's entry was brief and I did not go into detail about the comments that were made or how I responded to them. I can usually laugh at them or let them roll off my shoulders but sometimes, just sometimes (probably on carb depleted days LOL) they really hurt my feelings and get under my skin. In most cases, I will come back and say something like "I am living a very healthy, active lifestyle and I like the way I feel and look" or I just smile. Smiling not only confuses the person uttering the comments but I think it actually kinda makes them mad. Haha I will just keep smiling. The final count down has begun and I am 2 weeks out from one show and 3 weeks out from another. This past week was filled with lots of cardio, training, eating, food prep, and as much sleep as I could fit in. I felt really relaxed and honestly pretty darn calm about the shows. This prep has been much different than the last because there are not soo many unknowns for me and I have a foundation to build upon versus starting from scratch. I did a lot of running outside in the beautiful weather and lifted with all the boys.. Batman, Robin, B.C., Mr. T and Jr. Yep I am pretty positive they are sick of working out with a girl but I wouldn't change my training partners for the world. Little do they know, they are my family now (whether they like it or not) and I appreciate each and every one of them. I spent the 4th doing lots of cardio and spending time with my mom and dad. While we were sitting outside eating, my mom looks at me and says, "It is soo funny to watch your mood when you actually eat something you enjoy!" This is not the first time I have heard this and it cracks me up. She says, "when you eat tilapia and then another tilapia meal follows, your mood stays the same but when you eat something you enjoy, it is like you are a whole new person." Haha the food she was referring to was bbq'ed asparagus and sirloin steak. Sure beats raw asparagus and tilapia! If I actually took the time to cook all my veggies, I may like eating them more but that also requires more time and really I would much rather be sleeping or doing anything else but food prep!

No comments:

Post a Comment