Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Discipline

“All athletes are disciplined in their training. They do it to win a prize that will fade away, but we do it for an eternal prize. So I run with purpose in every step. I am not just shadowboxing. I discipline my body like an athlete, training it to do what it should. Otherwise, I fear that after preaching to others I myself might be disqualified.” Corinthians 9:25-27


I saw this quote on a girl's status and I really liked it. I have been disciplining my body for a solid 10 weeks of preparation for two shows. I have dieted and hit the gym with determination, dedication, and self-control as well as discipline. Of course there are days I would like to sleep or eat chocolate all day but I don't and once I get into the gym, I feel the energy pick up and I take the workout by the collar and get it done. I try to run with purpose each and every step, not only in my preparation but also in my everyday life. I like to make every experience a memory (some are good and some are down right terrible) but that is what makes me me. I would never ever preach something to someone if I myself, did not believe in it whole heartedly. I think that lessons and experiences are best learned by the individual actually experiencing it for themselves but if I believe in them or what they want to do, you bet your bottom I will be right behind cheering them on. I am an athlete and I will go into this weekend calm and collected, knowing that I did everything I could to be the best of my ability.

Wow... 3 days out from one show and 5 days away from my road trip to Vegas. This has been a long road and I am happy to say that after tomorrow morning, I will be done with 4 am cardio!! I will still have two-a-days but I will not have to wake up when the world is still sound asleep drooling on their pillow to go get my sweat on. The past couple days have been tough, I am not going to lie. I am doing good for the most part but with 2 gallons of water a day and depleting, my body is exhausted. It is not that I am sore, but things that should not be a task are super hard such as blow drying my hair of pushing through 45 minutes on the stairmaster. My legs just want to quit and collapse but my mind does not allow them too. My mind tells them to get their a## in gear because they are whats causing all the turmoil for not coming in as well as they should. My workouts have been short and sweet, just trying to keep my size up and my cardios have been long. When I am done for the day, I go home and prep for the next day before collapsing on the couch with my water bottle resting on my stomach (reminding me I MUST finish it) and watch some chick flick, too tired to do anything. Haha it is sure a sight to see let me tell you. I crack myself up because the thought of getting up to do anything makes me tired. I talked with my mom yesterday and she asked how I found the energy to get my stuff done. I said, "it's just something I have to do to get to where I want to go." That's really it... Mentally, I tell myself not to quit and I keep pushing, even when I don't see how I will do it, I do. Today, the first coat of color goes on and I prepare for the final couple days before showtime. Almost there!

Ciao for now,    J

No comments:

Post a Comment