Monday, July 18, 2011

A Few More...

Just 3 more days and I will be pretty much finished with early morning cardio. It should be illegal to get up at 315am to go to the stepmill! I know I complain and moan about the early mornings but I think deep down, secretly I like it because why else would I still be doing them? It allows me to clear my head and get energized for the day ahead and I am positive it is where some of my best thinking is done. For instance I will run you through this mornings session. 3:58 am, gym is already open, sweet! Time to get this over with. Wow there are a lot of people here already, why would they be out of bed already? I wanna go back to sleep. No, because then I would still have this first round to face when I got up. Ok, step mill here we go. Only one minute done? Ugh my legs feel like they weigh 100lbs each. Hey, that guy has a cool shirt on, I wonder if it comes in my size? Why do you keep looking at me Mr? Do your own cardio! Oh hey, that girl has great hair. Keep moving your butt, gotta get those legs to come in. In 5 days, you get to eat a brownie...Mmmmm brownie! Only 2 gallons of water today. How big is a 10-gallon fish tank? I would be able to fill that easily with all the water I am drinking. This is just the first 5 minutes of cardio, now imagine what the remaining 25 sounded like. Haha if only I could record it all so yall would know how random I really am. This weekend flew by and I really don't know what I did except train, sleep, eat, oh and drink water! Ugh! Yesterday started my water loading and I had 2 1/2 gallons to drink. I did it....It took me all darn day but I did it and when I was finished, I felt like my insides were floating. Not a comfortable feeling but at least I only have 2 gallons today to drink. Today also marks daily check-ins with Pete to make sure everything is on track and that I am looking as I should for the show on Saturday. So far I am feeling pretty good, tired and water-logged but I only have a little bit longer to push before I get a small break.

This point of the journey and prep always gets me feeling emotional and I had a chance to talk with my Grandpa on Saturday. He told me how proud he was of me for everything I am doing and how he just loved me. I am blessed to have a lot of loved ones in my life including my family, friends, training partners, team mates, coaches, and shoot even 4-legged friends. I want all of you to know that I appreciate your love and support and I would not be able to get to where I am with out you. I may not always say it or show you but I am grateful for everyone and everything and I hope each and everyone of you knows that you are important to me and hold a special place in my heart. I have been counting my blessings a lot lately and I do not know how I got where I did but I would not change a thing. I feel like life is falling into place and I am in shock that it is unfolding as it is. It is incredible how life happens and I can not describe how I feel...there are no words for how amazing it feels. Happy Monday and here's to the last week of training prep!


Ciao for now,    J

No comments:

Post a Comment