Thursday, July 14, 2011

Path Towards Happiness

"If you're feeling frightened about what comes next, don't be. Embrace the uncertainty. Allow it to lead you places. Be brave as it challenges you to exercise both your heart and your mind as you create your own path towards happiness, don't waste time with regret. Spin wildly into your next action. Enjoy the present, each moment, as it comes; because you'll never get another one quite like it."


I love this quote and it ties in really well with what I have mentioned the past couple of days. I am at a crossroads and I must be brave, embrace all the uncertainties and take this path all the while spinning wildly into each and every moment of the journey. I think I can do that!  Actually, I know I can do that and I intend to enjoy each tourist stop along the way!


I am in the single digits baby! Only 9 days to go until the first of two shows and am I excited. I am to the point where I have been prepping and training and dieting for long enough and I am just ready for it to be here already. I haven't had splenda or any nonfat milk in my coffee (UGH), I am limiting myself to 2 pieces of gum a day (well I trick myself and make it seem like 4 when I cut them in half), I am about to start drinking my gallons and gallons of water and step up my game for the next week to make sure I am a fine-tuned machine up on that stage. Yesterday was nuts! I was all over the place getting things taken care of, discussed my image for the next show, finally got my hair did (much overdue!!) and eventually got to the gym for round 2 about 6 pm. This time is no bueno at the gym! There were sooo many people all over the place and I had a wait for the stairs but one finally opened up and I went to work. It was a brutal 45min on the stairs but luckily a team mate happened to be there and she chatted it up with me which made the first part fly by. Thanks love, I owe you!! After the gym, I still had a few errands to run before getting home and doing some food prep. Did you know I go through one Costco bag of Tilapia every 2 days? That's a lot of fish and as I have mentioned before, I am pretty sure I will start to grow gills and fins soon. I can't imagine how many bags some of the men go through since their meals are double if not triple my portion size! Meals packed for the next two days, enough laundry done to wash all my sports bras (I go through 3 a day!) and my house picked up enough in order to make me feel calm and I went to bed. Funny how I wake up with texts sent at 9:23 pm saying "I know you are already sleeping...." Hehe yep I'm a Lame-O I know but what do you expect? A girls gotta get some sort of beauty rest! Two more training days and the weekend is here. WOOT WOOT!


Ciao for now,    J

No comments:

Post a Comment