Friday, July 8, 2011

Audrey Hepburn Sums It Up...

"I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles."


I love this quote by Aubrey Hepburn and I think it sums some of me up in a nutshell. If you know me (or if you don't you will now), you know my favorite color is pink! I have lots of pink things right down to my toothbrush and I think it is perfect for making me feel like a girl when I need a pick me up. I love to laugh and anyone that can make me laugh, even better. I laugh at myself a lot but what feels the best is a deep belly laugh that makes you cry and wanna pee your pants at the same time. When you are gasping for air and your abs hurt because you are laughing soo hard. That is what I love most and thank you to all who can make me laugh like this! Who doesn't like kissing? A sweet kiss on the forehead or a kiss from your mom on a bruised elbow, it is a beautiful thing and shows love on all different levels. A kiss can make you forget about all the other things that are going on in this crazy/beautiful life. I firmly believe that being strong when everything goes wrong is the only way to be! Life can be unfair, it can be mean, and it can be down right dirty, but when you look life square in the eyes and tell it you are stronger than it thinks and even if you get knocked down you stand back up, you have proven not only to life but yourself that you can get through anything you want too. Have you ever seen a woman who is radiating with happiness? It is beautiful. End of story. A woman who is happy in their own skin, happy with where they are and what they have become is simply amazing to look at. She holds herself with confidence, with pride, with her head held high and looks like the most beautiful thing on earth. Happiness is good for your health! I do believe that tomorrow is another day and I will not let yesterday or the things that happened affect how I work and live today. I believe in miracles. Life is a miracle. Enough said!

Yesterday was one of those days where the skies opened up and poured rain. I felt like I could not escape from stress or drama or anything in between. I had a great day with Pete and sweet cheeks at the gym and got a great workout in. However, I have this stupid issue with one hand that landed me at the urgent care walk-in clinic to be put on antibiotics. I told the doc that I needed to get it figured out now because I do not have time to worry about it and if the meds make me hold water, they need to get in and out of my system as fast as possible. She probably thinks I'm a whacko because I told her just to cut off my finger so I could get back to training. I was at the clinic late then had to eat dinner on the drive home, which ended up with me sitting in rush hour traffic and wanting to have a melt down. I went straight to the pharmacy to get the prescription filled, which was a 30 min wait so I went and did my grocery shopping before going home. Did I mention that my complex is repaving and so there is NO parking anywhere! Ugh so found a curb, parked and went to work on food prep. Got my tilapia and sweet potatoes cooked just in time to psych myself up for round 2 cardio... I am a creature of habit! True story. I like my schedule and when it gets off, it throws me through a loop hole for sure! I was battling myself about doing late cardio but I did it  and I am dang proud for sticking to it! I was out running around town at 7:30 pm just to come home, shower and get in bed so I could get up and do my 3:30 am cardio. Yep, late night followed by early morning cardio is a brutal combo but guess what....I kicked its a$$. :) Since today is a new day and yesterday is in the rear view mirror, I am full steam ahead, foot on the gas pedal and only looking forward! 3 weeks and counting!

Ciao for now,    J

No comments:

Post a Comment