Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Adjustments Adjustments...

I have been waiting for this Tuesday to arrive for many different reasons! First of all, I completed my last 3:30 am cardio for the next week and a half! Woot I made it through! Second, I leave in T-minus 2 days for Las Vegas with my mom and sister...Soo excited! I was talking to my mom yesterday and trying to figure out all my food prep, packing, suitcase dilemma (yes I am a girl and I lug a lot of stuff, especially shoes and my WHOLE family can attest to this! I once made my brother pack 3 pairs of heels in his suitcase from Mexico home). So I asked if we had a fridge in the room and she said she would call and check on it. I got an email this morning from her that says:

"I called Mirage & found out we just had a minibar fridge but could request one for $25.00 a day, unless it was for a medical reasons then it would be free. I explained the situation and he said that was close enough to a medical reason. LOL :) So we have a regular fridge. MOM"

I just love you to the moon and back mom! You rock! I loved this email soo much, I printed it and I am going to put it on my fridge! The next couple days are going to be crazy crazy! I have to get laundry done, clothes packed, food prepped, Pete and a Pete workout in (eeeek), all the normal running around, a few more cardio's, appointments here and there. Welcome to the life of a busy busy competitor who is about 4 and 5 weeks out. This past weekend was busy as well and on Friday I saw a chiropractor for the first time in a while. Dr. J is pretty rad and he has plans to get me all fixed up. When I say fixed, I literally mean repair my poor skeleton. Ha I had x-rays taken on Friday and I could not believe what I saw. My right hip is a solid 3 inches higher than my left as is my right shoulder. Now this totally explains the weird alien formation I have on my right quad. I showed it to Pete one day and said, "WHAT. IS. THIS.?" He looked at me as he normally does, a nonchalant glance (LOL) and says my hips were off. Well you were right once again Pete and now its time to get the weird lump outta here! I now have a set schedule of cracking, muscle therapy, adjusting, massaging, basically if I was a car, I would be getting the 'works' detail every time I head in to see Dr. J. I love it but man am I sore! I met with some girlfriends over the weekend for some QT and shopping and we have concluded that shopping should be considered cardio, now all we gotta do is convince Pete that it is. I was exhausted after shopping and the last thing I wanted to do was go in for my second cardio but ya know what....I did it and I did it with everything I had. I got through that cardio and was dang proud of myself for pushing through it. Speaking of pushing through, yesterday I did quads with Mr. T and Jr and it was a fun one to watch. Fun for the fact that I opened up a new world of training for those two and I am pretty sure they may be feeling it this morning. Not gonna lie...I was doing just as much weight as them on some things but shhhh don't tell them! :) Jr had walked to get a drink and came back with a HUGE grin on his face saying that his legs gave out and he almost fell into someone. That kid has the biggest heart and I really enjoy lifting with him. He has taught me that just "a couple more" really means 5 or 6 and there is no "should" only "Lets do it!". I then had 2nd cardio to do and both of them looked at me in disgust and said, "you are really going to go run right now?" Well Duh, of course I am...I owned that cardio and afterwards when Mr. T said my determination is unbelievable, I knew I had done work. Enjoy the beautiful day!

Ciao for now,   J

No comments:

Post a Comment