Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Woohoo...One Hundred!

Wish I could have a bite!! LOL
I just noticed that this is my 100th post. Wow, I have really posted 99 other entries about my life and journey as a figure competitor? I remember when I first announced to Batman and Robin that I was going to start a blog and all Batman said was, "Is it going to be a blog where you rant about all the things that happen in the gym?" Well excuse me Mr. Negativity but no, it is not! ;) Although that does lead me into my topic for today...Gym Etiquette! Ugh! Ok so I wonder what some peoples houses look like if they treat it anything like they do the gym. Yesterday I had just finished up with my cardio and walked over to the water fountains, now I normally don't drink out of them but I was soo thirsty. One was being used by a mohawked guy filling up his water bottle and the other one was occupied by a really tall dude. As I'm standing there waiting for one to open up, I notice that the tall dude takes a sip and then spits into the edge of the drinking fountain. He then repeats this sip and spit again before walking off. This is disgusting! There was no way I was going to drink from that water fountain  especially when I get closer and notice that there is a huge wad of spit in the corner just chilling. Nasty! I then walked into the locker room to get my bag and switch clothes when I notice this woman about to leave. She had just used the hair dryer or something but she cleaned out her brush and left the wad of hair on the counter. Between this and the spit, I almost tossed my cookies (well ok it would have been tilapia but same same). Yuck really?! The last thing I will mention and I have no idea if they can not smell themselves but deodorant was created for a reason! So was soap...I love this quote, "Motivation doesn't last but neither does bathing, that's why it's recommended daily!" Come on people, its called hygiene! Ok enough ranting (Happy Batman??)

It was a shoulder day (one of my favorites) and we smoked through the workout. My shoulders are starting too look good and I am happy with the way they are staying full. I have changed up my training a little bit and took some advice from Mr. Olympia on set and reps which has made a difference. I am still pushing heavy heavy weight but then changing it up to throw a few curve balls in. Today is another day of training and dieting and I am looking forward to more cheesecake tonight! I made it through round one of cardio and am actually looking forward to round two. I will say that it made my day when I walked in to grab my morning coffee at Starbucks and the guy behind the counter handed me my drip with a splash of nonfat already to go before I had time to say "Good Morning." He is such a cutie and it totally turned my day around! Here's to another day and my wish for yall is to make someones day a little brighter by a random act of kindness. I will follow up tomorrow and see how it went! :)

Ciao for now,      J

No comments:

Post a Comment