Wednesday, June 1, 2011

What Do You Do??

What do you do when you have a bad day? Some of yall probably do what I normally do and hit the gym to burn off some steam and you feel magically better. Yesterday was one of those days. One of those days that didn't start off bad but by the end of it, I couldn't wait for it to be over! I had the worst training session in the gym in...well I can't remember how long. I had seen Pete and battled traffic back towards the gym for an hour so not only was I getting to the gym at "rush hour" where every piece of equipment was being used, but I had just used all my normal time for lifting sitting in the car with sucky drivers! The boys had already been there and done their thing, which left me to fend for myself. Normally this is a piece of cake and I will just do my thing but for some reason I just could not shake the mood I was in. I started in on my cardio since I really thought it would be the ticket to making me feel better and all it did was make it worse. I got as much cardio in that I could stand (and as long as I could bear the man next to me who smelt like a fish factory) before just leaving and going home. I have no idea what was going on but when I got home and took a shower and sat down on the couch, I felt better. Now I am NOT one to give up and throw in the towel but the gym is my friend, my go-to when I need a pick me up, but if the gym isn't going to help, then sure as heck nothing will! I told myself to not worry about the missed workout and I will make it up as well as come full force today and the rest of the week.

Physically, I am still feeling good but the oddest thing keeps happening. I came into work yesterday and felt great but by the end of the day, my legs felt swollen and cardio hurt. I don't know what is causing my legs to do this but it has got to be something I do at work because over the weekend, I felt awesome and cardio felt like a breeze yet stepping on the treadmill last night felt like I had cement blocks strapped to my feet. It is miserable and it is that skin skin tight feeling where my muscles are growing but my skin is not. This is something that better figure itself out or we will have some words and I just might have to take it out back! I am all fired up and if my dang legs don't start cooperating, I may have to seek out some type of shock therapy or something for them! I hope yall have a good day and Wednesday.....I hope you are better than Tuesday!

Ciao for now,    J

No comments:

Post a Comment