Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Have You Seen My Gum?

I made it through Monday in one piece! It was actually a good day and I ended up lifting with B.C. We did quads and calves and I do not think in all of my days, I have burned out my quads like I did yesterday. It was a quick, productive workout and I topped it off with the Stepmill. Now I really feel bad for the lady next to me because I had sweat flying all over the place. I have discovered this T.V. show that I downloaded onto my I-pod and it has successfully helped me kill three sessions of cardio to-date. I stumbled across it one day and decided to give it a try. It plays good music in between scenes but is plain ol' interesting and if it makes my cardio go quicker, I am all about it! Now this is embarrassing... I was going to town on the Stepmill yesterday and I was chewing my gum and watching my show. (I have to have gum when I work out! Its just not the same with out it). Anyways, I was trying to blow a bubble or something when my gum slipped out of my mouth and dropped...well somewhere! I couldn't find it and I was frantically looking all over the place just to make sure it didn't land on the woman below me on the Treadmill! She gave me a weird look and asked, "Did you drop something?" I just smiled and kept going but in my head I was freaking out a little. I finished my time and as I was wiping down my machine, I was still searching for this piece of gum. I COULD NOT find it for the life of me. As I washed my hands and cleaned up before leaving, I noticed this blue piece of gum on the strap of my tank top. Thankfully it was on me and not in the woman's hair or something! Note to self: do not attempt to blow bubbles when you are huffing and puffing up the stairs. I raced home to get some food prep done and accomplished 3 days worth of meals along with 2 loads of laundry, dishes loaded, run, and unloaded, and organized the kitchen. The newest development around my place is it is now common to find Stella climbing in the shower, which she assumes is her personal watering hole. She will not drink out of her bowl and she actually plugged the drain on her own to save some water! Oh boy, sometimes...

I have to say I think I surprise others especially when it comes to food and eating. I had a modi cheat meal over the weekend and it included cheesecake. If you know anything about me, you know that I am a sweets girl to the core! I loooooove me some sweets! I just bought plain ol' cheesecake but I topped it with sugar-free Carmel sauce, a scoop of Adams peanut butter, M&Ms, and anything else that sounded good! I had a plate that looked like a little kids science experiment but man o man was it delicious! As I was working my way through it, I was shot some glances like, "I cant believe she is eating ALL that!" Don't judge... I am not scared! I had a cheat meal once with an old college friend and as I ordered my burrito and a plate of nachos he just looked at me in disbelief. I still remember him saying, "There is just something about a girl that is not afraid to eat. WOW!" Well I have A.J. to thank for teaching me the proper way to have a cheat meal! :)

Ciao for now,     J

No comments:

Post a Comment