Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Hmm...How Could I Forget?

"You've got to get up every morning with determination if you're going to go to bed with satisfaction."-George Lorimer

Two-a-day cardios started today and when I was driving in at a quarter to 4 (a.m. that is), I was still wiping the sleep from my eyes. I forgot how early round 1 was but how could I? It wasn't that long ago that I was prepping for my first ever competition. Nailed cardio session one and next came breakfast...Guess what it was?? Yep! Salmon and asparagus at 4:30 am.. Mmmm Delish! Hehe I don't know if I will ever forget about this breakfast of champions. I will admit that getting up, doing cardio followed by a day of fish eating, I feel like my head is more in the game than ever and I am now in full-blown comp mode. Not that I wasn't before, its just now I know what lies ahead of me and I am ready to take it on! I was talking with a friend this weekend, I will call him Mr. T, and I was explaining that even though life gets rough and bad things can happen, I will find a way through, around, or straight up over the top of that problem proving it can not get me down. He said not many people think that way and it is one of my character traits he admires the most. Aww thanks! :) I am hoping Mr. T will compete because if he does, he will kill it! I have had the chance to lift with him a couple times and it has added great variety to my workouts as well as a change of scenery not too mention, he lifts with an 18-year old that is going to be H-U-G-E! This kid has more heart and dedication than many and he is making huge strides in the gym. I did not know him when he first started but what I know now is that if he ever competes, he will be hard to beat...Just give him a couple of years!

I mentioned that I carry pictures of my family around with me yesterday as a reminder that I can do anything I want. This is because I am blessed to have such an amazing family stand behind me through thick and thin, no matter what is going on, I know they will be there 150%. I love each and everyone of them more and more each day and would like to thank them for supporting my dreams and allowing me to follow them as a woman, a daughter, a sister, and a friend. Mom and Dad- I could never ever imagine my life without you and your unconditional love. You have taught me to stand up when ever I fall, smile even through the tears, and love with no boundaries. I hope to be half of what you are too me someday. My broham! Thank you for being there to tell me it's ok when I don't see the light at the end of the tunnel and to make me smile and offering to beat up anyone who is treating me wrong. Def NG! I love you. My seeeestah! My best friend and who would of thought I would be saying that after the time you gave me a concussion?! I love you and am soo dang proud of the woman you are! Thank you for sharing the many cheat meals with me and even more so the delicious brownies AND frosting. Thank you for believing in me and being there when I needed a shoulder to cry on or a friend to snuggle with. P.s. Thanks for being my coffee-run partner-in-crime..I am one blessed girl to come from such a strong family. I love you!

Ciao for now,  J










No comments:

Post a Comment