Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Remember Who You Are...

Just sometimes I wish I could escape myself and be someone else. This feeling only comes when I have soo much on my plate that it is spilling out all over my new Fergie Pumps (which by the way...Macy's is having a sale on!) It was a Pete Da Man day and it was a good one. I got a good cardio session in as well as talked about the next couple weeks and where I need to be come July. I recieved my new diet and let me say one thing... Tilapia Goo, I did not miss you but you are back and I will happily deal with you! Sweet cheeks met me there and I am thrilled by the accomplishments she achieved as well as how relieved she looked as we parted ways. She sent me a text later today when I was driving home and it brought me to tears (of course). "I could never repay you for your strength and constant vigilance in my life..thank you." It made my heart soo happy to know that she is feeling a lot better on this journey and is now back in action! I had a day in which I had soo much going on in my head and had so many thoughts yet could not put them into words. I wanted, more like needed, to talk to someone, a friend, but I could not form my feelings into words. Much of this I attribute to being physically exhausted and sore but more so that I try and take on the world each and every day, jumping from task to task in order to get everything accomplished. That's the one thing about being a competitor, time management is a MUST! I have to have my planner with me at all times in order to make sure I not only know when I have appointments but also have my TO-DO list, quotes to keep me motivated, and a couple pictures of my family to remind me that I can do anything I put my mind too. The most helpful thing I have learned to do is list out everything I need to accomplish and prioritize it out so I can cross of the "musts" first before moving to the "shoulds." I found this quote and as I read it today, I realized that I had not taken a long, deep breath in who knows how long...

"Next time you're stressed, take a step back, inhale and laugh. Remember who you are and why you're here. You're never given anything in this world that you can't handle. Be strong, be flexible, love yourself, and love others. Always remember, just keep moving forward."

Keep your eyes forward and never look in the rear view mirror unless it is a reminder proving to yourself that you are in fact in a great spot and have fought one heck of a fight to get to where you are. Love yourself more than anything and share your laughter with your loved ones. Laughter can be the best medicine in the toughest of times. Lastly, remember to be strong! You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have. Most importantly... Just keep moving forward.

Ciao for now,    J

No comments:

Post a Comment