Friday, June 17, 2011

Fuel For Fire...

"Confront the dark parts of yourself, and work to banish them with illumination and forgiveness. Your willingness to wrestle with your demons will cause your angels to sing. Use the pain as fuel, as a reminder of your strength."

I really like this quote and when I read it, it hit home on more levels than one. I was thinking a lot about the next 5 weeks and starting to stress out about what is to come before the next competition. I have determined that although I do everything possible to make sure things are 100% in diet, training, my relationships, ect. life can throw you curve balls and instead of getting upset and dwelling on those things, I need to laugh them off, determine how to handle what is at hand and move forward. I will wrestle my demons and let those sweet angels sing, for they have something beautiful to say. I told Mr. T last night when I was talking about all the things that have come down on me and stressed me out this week that "I am perfectly imperfect." I like to think that I can control everything in my life but we all know this is soo far from the truth! If I could...It would always always be warm and sunny, I would have won the Lotto by now (maybe a couple times), big sweatshirts and messy hair would be sexy, brownies would be on EVERY meal plan, and double cardios would be outta style! :) Really though...I know that I am in control of myself and myself only and that is what is important. I need to laugh at the little things and let them slide off my back not only because they are just that, little, but also because there will be a time when bigger things happen and I really will have to worry. This morning is an example of learning to let go and move on. I was merging on to the freeway at 345 am when a trucker did not move over to let me on. Even though I was a little bit a head of him as I was merging on, he did not move into the other lane so I had to slam on my brakes and let this double semi go by...Well I had a cup of coffee between my legs and it spilled, not just on my floor mats but all over my lap. I was soo angry and could not believe that this just happened especially when my yoga pants are sopping wet with hot coffee...not pleasant! I looked up and saw an almost full moon and instead of yelling like I wanted too, I just laughed because there was nothing else I could do. It had already happened and I still had cardio to do. I couldn't let this ruin my cardio! I will say however, I listened to some pretty hard rock and ran faster than I normally do at 4 am. So in a way...Thanks you dang trucker for making me work harder this morning!

Yesterday my mom came with me and had a "Pete Day"! I am soo excited for her to start a program with him and she will also be starting her training for a 10k. I can not wait to help in anyway that I can and that means I may have just gained a new cheat meal partner and cardio buddy! We even have matching shoes..LOL

Happy Friday! 

J

No comments:

Post a Comment