Thursday, June 2, 2011

Paying The Price

Yesterday was a leg day and let's just say I couldn't tell if Batman wanted to punch me or throw up for what we did. I had the boys sweating (I was more than most workouts as well) and we pretty much looked like we were crazy! (Well crazier than normal) A guy that I see fairly often introduced himself and said he could not believe how hard each and every workout is that he witnesses and he is jealous of the intensity we maintain as a 'crew'. On three different accounts yesterday, people approached me and asked about training and how they can get into shape and one lady even stalked me and a team mate into the locker room with her cell phone in hand trying to get our number to become a training partner. It was flattering but kinda weird at the same time. I topped off leg day with the good ol' stair climber and Batman said, "You really are making up for yesterday aren't you?" LOL yes sir I am! I got to keep my mind focused and my training on par. I can not let up nor will I let the bad days affect the good. I know my competition is out there training their hineys off and so will I. I followed up the gym with a store run, a tanning session, A LOT of food prep (finished 4 days worth), laundry, grad school applications and a little snuggle time with Stella before laying down and falling asleep faster than the paparazzi is to reach Kim Kardashian. Exhausted but a much better day than the previous!

"Happy are those who dream dreams and are ready to pay the price to make them come true."
 -Leon J. Suenes

The quote above has more meaning than I can explain. I was in a full-force conversation with Batman yesterday as I was dripping sweat all over the stair climber and I was explaining what was going on in my life and trying to get to the bottom of why I feel the way I feel. I over analyze everything and it leaves me feeling anxious and unsettled so imagine this journey in which you are working your butt off, trying to get everything done in a day and you still are not content with things or where you are. Its rough and with the help of good friends and a determined mind, it is something that you can work through. I pay the price to make those dreams come true but I also do not know if the dreams I dream are too big or too small, and I often find myself questioning my ability to make them come true. I have yet discovered how to make myself see things through a clear lens versus my stubborn, jaded way of viewing life and the accomplishments as well as downfalls that come with it. I spent some time last night writing all my goals, plans, thoughts, concerns, ect down and feel now that I have a clear brain and can spend time focusing and prioritizing things out. It is time to stop the overanalyzing and rid the unnecessary stress out of my life so that I can be happy and focused in all aspects.

Ciao for now,     J

No comments:

Post a Comment