Friday, June 10, 2011

Don't Be Afraid...

"Don't be afraid to give your best at what are seemingly small jobs. Every time you conquer one it makes you that much stronger. If you do the little jobs well, the big ones will tend to take care of themselves."

T.G.I.F! I am soo excited that it is Friday and that the week is drawing to an end. What a long, exhausting week it has been both physically and emotionally. I got a text message from A.J. on Wednesday saying that she was waiting on MRI results to tell if she would need surgery or not and if she did, she would not be competing this summer. I called her yesterday to check in with her and she told me the news...I could not believe what I was hearing and I told her that I will be beside her the entire road back. I will be her crutch when she needs help, her sounding board when she needs to vent, her shoulder to cry on, I will be there and this is just a speed bump but I told her I know she is a fighter and will come back better and stronger. I told my Sweetcheeks the same thing when I saw her on Tuesday, if she needs me, I will be there every step of the way until she is back 110%. I believe in both of you ladies and am blessed to have you in my life. I started a journal for this section of my journey for which I have been recording daily weight, workouts, my diet, quotes, inspirations, fears, you name it. The next 7 weeks are extremely important and I need to be at my best, for this is the biggest competition yet. I know that I can do it, I know that I will keep pushing forward but having this journal with me helps encourage me every time I look at it.

Yesterday was a big shoulder day! I lifted with Mr. T and Jr (the 18 year-old I mentioned) and we got a lot accomplished for being the end of the week. We hit our shoulders hard, ran the rack, and if I asked Jr how many more he always bumped up our numbers by a couple with a huge grin on his face. What I love about shoulders is that in mid lift, you can see all the beautiful muscles that form such an important body part and they just look sexy! Hehe I have always admired the human body and when I see a muscular physique, I stare because I know the hard work it takes to get to that point. Muscle is sexy...Just saying! I topped off the workout with shrugs and hit the treadmill for sprint work. I was hating the first 15minutes or so because my shins were killing me but a song came on my i-pod that had Busta Rhymes spitting some beats and cranked it up and kept going. I had to replay the song about 5 times to get through my run but I did it. The only other thing I kept thinking was "She is not quitting!" (She being my competitor) and as sweat dripped in my eye, I kept pushing. Exhausted from the day, I ate my salmon, asparagus and sweet potatoes, cooked some extra tilapia and hit the sack. I have to say though, I got up and had my first round of cardio done by 4am! Woot woot... Here's to a happy Friday!

Ciao for now,     J

No comments:

Post a Comment