Monday, June 6, 2011

What I Have Learned...



Wowza! What a weekend. This was a busy weekend especially Saturday in which I was running around like a chicken with its head cut off from work to the gym for cardio to posing practice to you name it, I was probably there! Posing was a great opportunity to enjoy the sunshine! Since it was soo nice outside, Pete had us (only 2 girls) strutting our stuff outside, clad in bikinis and clear plastic heels. Oh what a sight to see! The boys did the same thing yesterday because I received a text from one of them that said, "Posing practice outside today...bordered by indecent exposure, we got some looks as people drove by." I can only imagine! I had to escape life for a little while so I headed up to hang out with my dad. He always knows how to make me feel better and talk me through many of life's predicaments. I slept for a solid 14 hours only to wake up sorer than ever! I think it was my body's way of telling me that it needs some rest, and since I was nice enough (more like exhausted enough) to let it rest, it was going to utilize every second of it. I got some good workouts in including a chest workout yesterday that left me sorer than heck this morning! Cardio yesterday kicked my bootay for I got almost 5 miles of sprint work in in 30 minutes!

"I believe that everything happens for a reason. People change so that you can learn to let go, things go wrong so that you appreciate them when they're right, you believe lies so you eventually learn to trust no one but yourself, and sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together."

Life is a journey that throws small pebbles as well as giant rocks at you as you wind along the many twists and turns. I have learned, more recently, that people are stronger than they think, life is just as unpredictable as the weather here in Washington, and it is ok to let your guard down and trust someone with your heart. For someone who is overly independent and prides herself in being strong and who has been hurt in the past, it is tough to let others into my life and let alone my heart. Recently, I have learned that is is ok to let others in and it is ok to lean on someone when you are having a hard time keeping yourself upright. It is also ok to ask for help every now and then, and there is no reason to travel on the journey called life alone. I know when the going gets tough, sometimes life plain ol' sucks! But I also know that if you sit and dwell on all the misfortunes in life, it only escalates the situation and you find yourself feeling worse than before.You also miss out on all the amazing things that are happening around you. Life passes by quickly and if you focus all your energy on the negatives, the positives pass by unnoticed. I had a long talk with Sweetcheeks this weekend and she is having a tough go. I reminded her that she is a courageous, beautiful, amazing woman with a whole sea of opportunities in reach. I told her to keep her head held high as she pushes forward through the storm and sunshine is just a little ways a head. I will stand beside her every step of the way, through the pouring rain and teach her that it is fun to dance in the rain! I believe in her 110% and know she can do anything and everything she wants. She wrote something to me that brought me to tears because she sees something in me that I do not see yet I see it in her... "When I grow up, I hope to be half the woman you are and have your courage, strength, dedication, joy, love, zest for life, passion, and most of all your positive outlook no matter what life gives you. Someday..." I love my friends. I love my family. I will do anything and everything for them.

Ciao for now,    J

No comments:

Post a Comment