Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Take Life With a Pinch of Salt...

"Take life with a pinch of salt... A wedge of lime, and a shot of tequila."

I love the sunshine. Just saying! It is truly amazing how the sunshine can affect everyone and put them in a bright cheerful mood. Was yesterday crazy or what?! I did not get home from the gym until 8:15pm which needless to say is my BEDTIME! I played the whole 'ping-pong' game with myself about the gym. The 'ping-pong' game is where I debate with myself whether or not to go to the gym because it is way later than I had anticipated and then it throws my whole routine off! I must say I am a girl of routine (I know I have mentioned this before but gotta say it again) and I get weird/anxious when I cant stick to my schedule during the week. It stresses me out and this is something that will have to stop. end of story. Stress adds fat and fat is not my friend. I was battling traffic on the way home and as I got off the exit, I turned towards the gym versus home. I had a decent workout and it was quite fun because I experienced a different crowd than normal. Lots of new boys lifting and guess what?! They lifted next too me! Woot woot, a step up in this world. Hehe

Yes, yes, yes! Yesterday was a Pete day and it went good. He was happy with the results from the previous week even though I am having a hard time with it but a gain is a gain and a gain in the right direction is great! There is this guy that trains with Pete that was also in Vancouver and I will call him Big Poppin'. Big Poppin' was at the gym yesterday and he is quite the guy. He is mammoth (in a good way) and will be competing in a few weeks, so me being my feisty self, challenged him to a bodyfat/weight race and told him I will go head to head with him anytime on anything with one exception! I WILL NOT have an eating contest with him. I do not stand a chance since one of his meals equals about four of mine! I wrote on his wall this morning to see if he was scared about my challenge and this is what he replied, "Girl I am not only ready but looking forward to crushing your enthusiasm! lol." Its on like Donkey Kong Mr. Poppin' :) It was fun to B.S. with the boys at CZ and I look forward to doing some of that this weekend. The quote above is a small shout out to CZ since if you know me, you know what tequila will do...Big Poppin' and Pete both witnessed it in Vancouver for the first time and since then, it has been a running joke that I need to take a shot before hitting the stage.

Today will be a great day not only in the gym but out of it as well. The sun is shining, there was a beautiful full moon driving in to work today, and we are one day closer to Friday! My body is super sore from the week and I am pretty sure a loooong deep tissue massage is in order.

Ciao for now,     J

No comments:

Post a Comment