Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Feeling Productive...

Wow a lot of time has passed since I last updated this. There has been a lot going on both mentally and physically and it is time to get back in the habit of drinking my morning coffee and writing to yall (not that you want me too but I want too). Last week was the first week back to lifting and I felt like I had been hit by a Greyhound bus because I was sore for days upon days. The weekend was super busy with celebrations from Mother's day to a baby shower and little surprises in between. Overall, it was a good weekend and this week has been more productive than the last two weeks. I feel strong, I feel motivated, and most of all, I feel that I am back to my spunky self again.

I met with Pete yesterday and we did some research into the new journey along with details of training/dieting and everyday issues. It was exactly what I needed because when I left, I had my "training brain" turned back on and a fire lit deep inside me that has been MIA for the past couple weeks. The sunshine no doubt, helps keep me active and busy all day long with a huge smile on my face. I called my mom several times just to tell her I loved her and see how her day was going. When I got to the gym, I hit up my cardio and blasted through it while cracking up over a team mate's text messages about water weight gain. One I have to share because I was laughing soo hard on the step mill was "My belly ring went into hiding...Belly ring! Get in my Belly! Oh look... its a piece of fried chicken." I was seriously laughing soo hard reading this that the guy next to me on the stairs thought I was on something...or at least from the way he was looking at me. B.C. has been MIA all week for we found out he is in South Africa!! One minute in the US and 14 hours later..South Africa (quoted by B.C. himself) so Batman, Robin and I have been getting through some good stuff in the gym. Yesterday we lifted back and tri's and hammered through several exercises. It felt great and I feel strong. The boys even commented on my spunkiness and how I seem feisty as all get out compared to what I was. Yep that's right! I'm Back (and growing a bigger back!)

Ciao for now,    J

No comments:

Post a Comment