Thursday, May 12, 2011

Oh The Things People Say...

I left my house this morning and all I heard was birds chirping and I thought to myself...It is going to be sunny and a great day! In the gym yesterday, we lifted legs and shoulders which was the first time I have lifted these two muscle groups together and sure made for a long gym session. We had a couple new people join in our workout and I will call one of them Tattoo boy. Tattoo boy has joined us before on leg day and said he enjoyed the lift, felt like he was productive (well duh, you are lifting with US) but he couldn't walk right for a week! On Tuesday, I told him we were doing legs and threw out the invite to join. While we were talking he said "J.. You know what, I know guys who will not lift next to you in the gym because you are lifting more than they can!" I laughed but then got to thinking.. Really am I that intimidating in the gym? So I had to ask Batman and Robin to clarify and they both agreed that I can appear that way when I am lifting. It took me by surprise because if I were a boy and saw a girl lifting more than me, I would push myself harder (I guess that's the competitive side in me coming out!) This is just one of the things that has been said that makes me giggle.

One time in the gym, this young kid (ok well he's 18) approached me and said "Dang your back is shredded! Do you diet?" Haha I wanted to say back "Yea I eat McDonald's everyday. You should try the Fish Fillet, its excellent!" This kid...I will call him Bighead, has become a friend and I love to give him a hard time. He just recently asked me what I weighed and I told him that he should never ask a female this question but asked why he wanted to know. He says "I want to know where my girlfriend fits in on the 'in shape' scale." I told him he couldn't compare the two of us, especially since we are very different individuals. This past weekend I was out to eat with my sister and L.Bug and the waiter says "Girl you got some guns". I say thank you and continue looking at the menu before he says "Do you do yoga? Is that how you get your arms that buff?" I wanted to sweetly say, "No I got them from the shake weight. I use it everyday for 20 minutes" but I decided not to be a smart ass. I love some of the things people say to me but sometimes I think that I am unapproachable and apparently intimidating. Not the way to make friends!

Ciao for now,    J

No comments:

Post a Comment