Monday, May 23, 2011

Roping and Riding...

Goat Tying at College Rodeo
It's Monday already?! Where did my weekend go and how can I get it back? Saturday was a super long day (or felt like it anyways). I worked all morning into the afternoon, got some cardio and a hammy workout in then went home and attempted to motivate myself to get dressed for a cheat meal with some friends. If a cheat meal doesn't motivate you, nothing will! lol So I met a beautiful team mate of mine and ran into Mr. Olympia, so we all sat down to a big ol' feast. The highlight of the night was when my team mate (I'll call her Sweet Cheeks) was talking smack to a woman by the bar at the first place we tried to eat. We went into the bar, a first come first serve area by the way, and looked for a table. As we were walking away, a woman approached us and yelled at us saying there was a line and SHE was first. Well Sweet Cheeks wasn't having it and I am pretty sure the heavier woman was about to throw some bows after what was said. I can not repeat it here but I was not only LMAO but I was pulling my team mate out of the restaurant before a cat fight broke out. The next place we went to had plenty of tables open and we got a great waitress. We let her know we were having a cheat meal and explained what we did as competitors and she giggled and said "Good job on your commitment, me and sit ups don't get along!" It was pretty darn cute!
 
A video of what goat-tying looks like

Sunday was busy busy. AM cardio, posing practice and a team BBQ with veteran as well as new Save Fitness team members. It was great to see all the ladies faces and catch up with most on what they have been doing since competition, what shows they were doing next, and all of life's fun adventures. As an introduction/name learning game, we were to introduce ourselves and say something that made us stand out so the new members could remember all the names. The fact that I told about myself was that I know how to rope and tie goats and did for years in college. I was also the Goat-Tying Director for NIRA all through college. Everyone was laughing about me tying up goats and did not believe me but its the truth! I am country girl at heart and always will be. I like to get dirty, work outside and can handle my fair share of cleaning stalls and hauling hay but I can also clean up nicely (if I have too). I am known as a "clicker" in my family because when I wear heels, I click click click around. My mom and sister call me clicker all the time! I have to say, owning horses my entire life plays a huge role into my work ethic and why I do things the way I do. I have had to be responsible for a horse, which is much harder than a goldfish! I had horses all through college along with a dog all the while taking 20 credits, working part-time, and maintaining my grades. That is one full plate but I say bring it. AJ, Sweet cheeks and I were talking about how busy we are but how if we have any spare time, we seem to seek out things to fill it because we get bored easily and although we do more in a day than most people, we are still bored. Goodness ya just cant win can ya?


Roping at a Rodeo

Ciao for now,       J

No comments:

Post a Comment