Thursday, May 19, 2011

Pardon Me?

One more day and its Friday! I can not wait for the weekend to be here so I can sleep in and really do whatever it is I am going to do. Yesterday was a very productive day in the gym and when I say I have gotten stronger, I mean I have gotten stronger! I was benching more weight than I ever have and I almost feel kinda freakish because everyone keeps commenting on how big I look. The classic story is as follows "Wow! You are looking huge...But huge in a good way like your muscles have gotten so much bigger...Not huge in a bad way...You look good but bigger...But it is a good bigger..." Oh boy, ya better just stop why you are ahead because telling a girl she looks bigger or huge is not always taken the right way. I heard this four times yesterday by different individuals at the gym and I really can not explain how it makes me feel. I guess I could however it is better to just leave it alone. After it was all said and done and I was finishing up my cardio, Batman was chatting with me before he split for the day when a dude grabbed the machine next to me. Now normally this is ain't no thing but today it made me kinda mad. There were several other machines open but he chose the one directly on my left. He started his cardio and within a couple seconds I looked at Batman and gave him the "You have got to be kidding me" look. The man smelled of garlic, B.O., and mildew mixed in his own concoction and I was having a hard time stomaching it. With only a few minutes left, the guy then preceded to race me! I couldn't believe it (ok maybe he had it planned to do what he was doing but in my mind, he wanted to race) so I went for it but the second I was done, I split so fast before I lost it.

On the way home, I had to stop at the store to grab a couple things and when I was walking through the produce isle an older gentleman in front of me stopped and said "Whoa a bodybuilder! You can tell, look at your physique." Ok ok I get it... I am looking big and muscular but when you hear that many comments in one day, it makes me feel a little self conscious about it! Today I am contemplating what to do in the gym. I am soooo sore and everything hurts so it may be a light workout with my cardio or I may just do cardio and get out to enjoy the sun and some spare time. Have a great Thursday!

Ciao for now,    J

No comments:

Post a Comment