Friday, May 20, 2011

R & R...

Holla! Its Friday, the day I wait for all week long because I have two whole days off (well from work) and I am free to move about the country! I have been so dang sore from lifting heavy and trying to put some size back on that I took yesterday off from lifting and just did my cardio. As I was heading towards the Stepmill, I glanced towards the front and saw the greatest surprise! B.C. was standing there fully dressed in a fleece hoody and beanie (it was 70 degrees out!) and I went running over and gave him the biggest hug. He has been in South Africa the past 15ish days and we all started to wonder if he was ever going to return. He sent out an email before he left that was a picture of his plane ticket that said "One minute you are in the US, 14 hours later you are in South Africa. I will send as many pictures of my face as you need until I get back." I didn't even know he was leaving! Needless to say, cardio flew by as I learned about his trip and I filled him in on all the happenings at the gym including my swollen skin feeling in which he just laughed his a** off at me. He tried to get me to lift with him BUT I had a massage! Oh yes yes I did! I went and got a deep tissue massage and let me say one thing... Why haven't I been doing this all along? It hurt like heck but it was a good hurt. I have too many knots to count and the guy couldn't believe that I was just now getting worked on. I am still extremely sore but I feel soo much better! Its amazing how my body feels loose and my muscles feel somewhat supple. I was talking with the therapist as he was finishing my massage and of course I was asking him about the people he has worked on and if he had ever had someone that was super hairy. He told me that that doesn't bother him and if they are super hairy, he can write notes on them through the lotion. I was laughing so hard I was crying.

It was soo beautiful out yesterday (and will be today) and I took Stella for a walk and then hung out in my place with the slider open and no where to go (Batman recommended doing this). It was really nice to just relax and be lazy and as my mom would say "Sometimes doing nothing is doing something." Typical for me to run myself into the ground and then crash and burn but with a little extra time to veg out, I feel like I mentally got a break and can unwind a little bit. This weekend is pretty busy for I have posing practice, a team BBQ,  applications to fill out, training to get done, and time with friends and family. Another week down and a few more out from showtime. Time to stay focused and get to work! Have a wonderful weekend!

Ciao for now,     J

No comments:

Post a Comment