Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Keep On Working...

The long weekend has come and gone and I am sad to see it go! On Friday, we had a great lift at the gym and before it started pouring rain, we got some much needed cardio in. We even talked about changing up our schedule a bit so it was different every week, which will be good for all of us. This weekend I killed the cardio. Each and every session felt awesome and I was pain free in my IT bands and calves (areas I have been having problems with). I changed it up and did HIIT on the Stair climber, treadmill, and a lot of sprint work in all directions (forward, backwards, and sides). Each end every session was at least 45 minutes and by the time I was done, I was bouncing with energy. There was a lot of stuff going on this weekend including posing practice, much needed time with my girls, cheat meals like you wouldn't believe, relaxation, and all the food prep you can imagine. I was able to visit with some team mates this weekend and it was just what I needed. Sweet cheeks came and spent the day with me and she is such a beautiful person on the inside as well as the out. We had great conversations and spent a lot of time laughing and talking about all our worries, fears, hopes, dreams, ect. It was perfect. I got a bunch, I mean a BUNCH, of photos back from one of my photo shoots and they are awesome!! I am excited to print and frame some of the latest work but more excited for other photo shoot opportunities!

I flew solo yesterday in the gym and ended up meeting up with a couple guys to lift back. It was a lot of fun changing up the scenery as well as jumping into someone elses workout. One of the guys I lifted with was only 18 but he is a giant! He is big into powerlifting and soon to be bodybuilding and I told him yesterday, in the next couple years with muscle maturity, he is going to destroy it! He has such a big heart, you can tell in the way he trains and it got me thinking. When you are passionate about what you do, you are unstoppable. If you put all your heart into something, there is no way you will stop short and you will get to where you want and need to be. He was such a sweet kid and as I listened to him talk about graduation and his prom, I began to feel really old! LOL

Here is to a new week of training!

Ciao for now,   J

No comments:

Post a Comment