Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Leg Day at it's Finest...

Happy hump day! Its Wednesday and that means halfway done with the week and a three day weekend ahead! Holla! Yesterday was a Pete day and it was a good one. I came in and have put on 6 pounds of lean body mass aka muscle in the past two weeks all the while losing body fat. This is what we want to happen however I was complaining to Pete that my skin hurts! It feels like my muscles are going to explode right through my skin and he just chuckled and said "that's the pump the bodybuilders always get and it is supposed to feel that way". Well, I want to know how to make it go away because it feels as good as walking on hot coals AND glass mixed together (not that I have experienced that either but that's the pain level). I had been talking with Sweet Cheeks and I knew that she was also stopping in to see Pete and to work legs, which happened to be what I needed to do so I jumped in with her. Yea so pretty much I am waddling today...enough said. It was a tough leg workout (and I thought our leg days were hard) and at one point I contemplated throwing up. I have never been at this point before but man, I was sweating more doing legs than I was with cardio. During the workout, Sweet Cheeks and I were leg pressing and Pete stood on the leg press as our weight. It is the funniest thing to watch because you see him swinging through the air with his sunglasses on as we are pressing him. I wish I would have taken a video of this because it is RAD. After two sets of pressing Pete, he called Big Poppin' over (mind you, he is a 260lb body builder) and we pressed him for two sets. You see this big ol' body builder swinging through the air but you hear me squealing with agony as he shifts his weight back which feels like another 260 has been added! Oh baby was it a workout! I have to say though, it was a lot of fun and after it was all said and done, Sweet Cheeks and I took a walk around the gym and caught up about some of life's dilemmas. It was just what I needed. Here is what Sweet Cheeks had to say after on her FB... "What a glorious day! I just got done with a killer leg workout with Jamey P. I may have or not whimpered, saw stars, and wanted to shed a tear but it was AWESOME!! Thanks Pete and Randy for being fabulous counterweights on the leg press...whimper...whimper... :) "   I heart training!
What it feels like to press Pete and Big Poppin'

Today is another day of training, dieting, and preparing myself for the stage. Over this past weekend, Mr. Olympia told me that a girl was chasing after me and would be my competition for a show in the future. Let me tell you (well those of you who know me already know this) but I am competitive. If someone challenges me to something, I am game and I will accept. I have a hard time not looking at this gal and feeling the fire explode within me. It only has re-instated my desire to hit the gym hard each and every time I step foot in to train. I know that everyone is their own individual, and when it comes down to it, it is the judges decision who will take the top but I will not quit. I will not stop and smell the roses for I know my competitors are out training their behinds off and I will come in the best possible. So get out there and train like it matters.

Ciao for now,     J

No comments:

Post a Comment