Friday, April 1, 2011

Safe and Sound in Vancouver

We arrived yesterday evening to Vancouver in one piece. I am exhausted and feel bad for my mom for driving with not much conversation on the way down but really, I don't have much to say which is hard to believe coming from me I know! So far some very weird experiences have been my sister shaving my stomach since I have blond hair you wouldn't think it was a big deal but I have enough that it would cause my tan to gunk up, so last night that's what we were up too in the hotel. I got up early this morning and found the nearest LA Fitness and got my cardio in as well as an arm/ab pump. That was hard! I couldn't believe how my arms felt like limp, wimpy noodles! Next on the agenda....Tanning! This is a whole experience in its own and I couldn't help but giggle my way through it because I am standing in a small tent thing completely in my birthday suit and have a gal spraying me down, stuff you would see when a car is getting spray painted. I now have an amazing "glow" that looks like I spent the last 3 weeks in Mexico and it only took 20 minutes! I still have round 2 to do and I am excited to see how dark I will be. The stuff is sticky!!! Every time I stand up, I have to peel my clothes away from my skin, and I am in the loosest fitting clothes already.

The next 24 hours are going to be a whirl wind and I cant explain all the thoughts, feelings, and emotions that I have. There is still a lot to do tonight and early morning tomorrow before I step on stage, ready to rock what I got. We have check-in tonight followed by rehearsal for the fitness/figure gals, then we have check-ins with Pete at Midnight, 3am, 5:30 am and soo on. Hair and make-up begin at 7 am followed by competitor meeting and finally wait my turn to go on stage tomorrow am for pre-judging. All I can say is..... Here. We. GO. (ps I will keep yall posted about the outcome and what not when I get a chance).

Ciao for now,    J

No comments:

Post a Comment