Monday, April 4, 2011

Recap # 1


Overall Picture
Well my first competition came and went and it was an exciting one! There were many many great lessons learned and experiences had from the weekend and let me now tell you.... I have seen it ALL! Friday was a day filled with spray tanning, checking in with Pete, registering, competitor meetings, rehearsal, team bonding, and sooo much more! After rehearsal, a group of us went back to the hotel to hang out and gear up for Saturday morning (which would come sooner than I thought). The day was very emotional and draining and not too mention stressful! The spray tan that the competitor received was a bad batch and left everyone scrambling to figure out what and how to fix it. I had a reaction to some part of it and my skin has weird patches all over it. After 3 coats and a few tears later, Pete and AJ (my amazing team mate) made a 3 am decision for me to get in the shower, wash it off, and start painting! I did and I have to give a HUGE thank you to AJ! I know you hated me at 3 am when you were applying DreamTan to my bare body, but without you, I wouldn't know what would have happened! She applied a coat and then we got about an hour of sleep before we woke up to check in with Pete again and see what we needed to eat! One of my favorite experiences was at Midnight in the Boys' room! We were all gathered around, exhausted and eating cheesecake! I was having a hard time weighing out my cake due to mental fogginess so I let AJ do it for me... This is the last time I ever let her weigh my food! Pete had upped my amount to 10 oz and I didn't want to eat it all so she weighed it and gave it to me.. I didn't eat it all and come to find out the next day at lunch she smirks at me and admits she had actually weighed out 12 oz knowing I wouldn't eat it all so I did end up eating about 10 oz... What a tricky trickster! :)
Saturday was a whirlwind! At 5:30 am, AJ and I are in our birthday suits, painting each other while eating our cheesecake and carrot cake! What a sight to see that was! Haha like I said... I saw it ALL this weekend! I then had hair and make-up, which was great and then we headed to the school for pre-judging! I was stressing big time over my tan when an angel fell by my side and helped calm me down. Coach T has an amazing business woman helping her and she pulled me into the bathroom, gloved up, and went to town on my skin. Her kind words and encouraging spirit was just what I needed to hit the stage. I did it! I walked on to that stage with a big ol' smile (if you cant tell from the pics) and rocked what I have. It was an experience that has left me speechless not too mention more driven than before for the next competition!

There is soo much more to talk about but I will leaving you hanging because suspense and the unknown, as I have learned, is a pretty cool thing.

Ciao for now,      J

No comments:

Post a Comment