Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Give Thanks...

"Give thanks for what you are now, and keep fighting for what you want to be tomorrow"
 -F. Miramontes-Landeros


Just 3 days out from Spokane and I have a lot to think about and prepare for. I am still feeling good with a few aches and pains here and there but overall, I am surprised at how much energy I have this week compared to last. Yesterday was a rushed day in the gym and I don't do very well when I get into the gym later than usual, it throws me off. It was legs but I was also adding in biceps so I was jumping from exercise to exercise and felt like Tasmanian devil, in a whirlwind of weights. I met with Pete and I am still doing well and on track for where I need to be. I need to keep my muscles full and pumped going into this weekend so I am now lifting twice a day, smaller muscle groups in the am and larger, harder lifts in the afternoon. The one thing I can not wait for is a massage when I get home from this weekend. I am going to be more sore than ever but it will hurt soo good!

I have had some time to reflect back on this past weekend and also the different emotions I have had with competing. They are very mixed to to say the least and I am nervous going into this weekend. It is hard to explain how I feel, so I find myself bottling up everything. Well this bottle is quite full (could be the 2 gallons of water I am drinking EVERY DAY) but that is besides the point. I do not know how to approach these feelings nor do I know how to ask for help because, to me, it seems like it could be a touchy thing to talk about. What is the best thing for me to do? I have no idea so I continue on with training, dieting, and posing because that is what I have done for the past 5 months. I can not believe my first 3 shows have come and almost gone and now I am nervous for what is to come.

J

No comments:

Post a Comment