Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Do Not Be Afraid...

"Your True Self cannot be afraid of anyone." ~Vernon Howard
If you would have asked me a year ago... shoot even 6 months ago, if I would be where I am right now in this current moment, I would have said no. Well, I would have said "kind of" for I would be working and going to the gym but I would not be competing in three figure competitions in a row, I would not be scheduling fitness photo shoots, I would not have met some of the most amazing friends nor would I owe huge amounts of thank you's to many people for all their love and support. I was a lost soul a year ago to be quite honest and I lacked a lot of self-confidence and self-worth. I did not love myself like I do now nor did I demonstrate the confidence I do now because I was scared. I was scared to show my true colors to anyone for the fear that they may not like me. I was scared of getting hurt by things from the past. What a hurtful thing to do to myself! I am who I am and I will always be that way. Every individual is different with unique traits that make them who they are and that is what is soo special about being alive and living for yourself. There is no need to worry about showing your true colors and living each day 157% (I did the math don't you worry). What you need to worry about is if you are holding yourself back because of fear or doubts or any other reasons. When it comes down to you, there is no need to be afraid. You will be surprised by all those surrounding you who love you for you!

Got through a back workout yesterday as well as cardio. This was not easy to say the least and when you are battling to keep your eyes open or willing your legs to keep on stepping, it is tough. I was scared my leg wouldn't work and I envisioned myself smacking my face into the front of the stepmill...Brutal I know but it helped me keep my legs moving. Man oh man! I am really sore going into this weekend, much more so than a couple weeks ago. It is incredible to see my body transform into a lean mean fighting machine. I am seeing more changes this time than I did for Vancouver and I have to admit...I spend much more time staring at my body in the mirror because it is...well, AWESOME! I can not believe what I have shaped into nor can I honestly believe that I have made it to where I am. With every twist or turn, muscles pop like my poptart will! (When I can eat em) I love the feeling of being strong and muscular and knowing just how hard I have worked to this day for what I am. When I see myself, I see a strong, motivated, hard-working woman who has been working her butt off (literally) to accomplish great things and who still has the drive to continue and improve with each and every day. I am no longer afraid of my true self and I wish this for each and everyone of you! Show your true colors and let yourself shine, you will feel better than ever after you do!

Ciao for now,    J

No comments:

Post a Comment