Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Dance Like No One is Watching...

What a great day! There was a full moon shining as I was drove in to do my morning cardio at 3:45 am and it was a crisp, cool morning that reminded me of summertime (although it was only 40 degrees out!) I am feeling strong, full of energy, and still going full-throttle. I had a great shoulder workout yesterday with the boys and Robin even said, "Is it a bad thing that you are easily doing half the weight I am on dumbell snatches?" Haha love it! I am feisty, vibrant and alive and can not wait to let it shine this weekend... Only 4 days until Spokane. After my workout, I went home and went straight to work and did not ease up until I realized it was 9 pm and past my bed time! I am trying to regain some sort of order at my house since I am living out of suitcases and barely managing to get things put away before I have a whole new mess started, not to mention my laundry (which I will spare yall on that!) Cardio went well this morning and as I ran to get  coffee, the birds were chirping and I felt inspired and full. Full of happiness, full of energy, full of optimism, full of life!

If there is one thing that I have learned not only through this journey to the stage as a figure competitor but also in every other aspect of my life, its that life is precious and too short not too live it to the fullest. I have had ups and downs, and have definitely crashed into that brick wall a couple times but I have always stood back up, brushed myself off, and continued on my crazy beautiful ride. You know that feeling when you cant stop smiling because of something or someone and you just feel...content? It is such an empowering feeling and it is time to share that joy with everyone around you! Let people see you filled with happiness and confidence, it may just turn their day around and give them the confidence they need to do the same. Today is filled with work, visiting with Pete, training, prep, getting out and enjoying the sunshine and living my life! (Oh yea and maybe some laundry...dang it!)

I love this quote and hope it inspires you: 

"Dance as though no one is watching you, love as though you have never been hurt before, sing as though no one can hear you, live as though heaven is on earth."

Ciao for now,     J

No comments:

Post a Comment